Anderson Silva Heads to the Gym Without Crutches, Joe Rogan Fears Silva’s Leg is in Danger of Breaking Again When He Fights Again
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 6, 2014 7:46 PM EST
Anderson Silva is back in the gym without crutches. Silva has been itching to start training again after his leg injury during the UFC 168 main event bout against Chris Weidman. After over a month following the Brazilian mixed martial artist's injury, he is definitely out to prove that it will not be long before people get to see him fight in the octagon ring.
"Anderson Silva, back in the gym already, on his feet," the caption reads.
The Los Angeles Times reported about Silva's desire to come back and fight in the UFC. Silva has reportedly told UFC president Dana White about his plans fighting again as soon as he has fully recovered. White is optimistic that Silva will have fully-recovered and fight before 2014 ends.
However, UFC analyst and commentator Joe Rogan thinks otherwise. MMAFighting.com reported that Rogan made an appearance on the Opie and Anthony radio show where he expressed his thoughts on Silva's current condition and comeback plan.
"Dana is a promoter," Rogan said.
"He wants him to fight by the end of the year, and Anderson wants to fight too, but there's real danger of that thing breaking again."
Rogan said that Silva has to make sure that he is fully-healed before he even decide to fight again.
"Opponents are going to do the exact same thing."
"Anybody who fights Anderson is going to practice checking kicks like a motherf****r," he said.
Click here to listen to the full interview.
Silva should be grateful being able to take his first step without the crutches. However, coming back to training after an injury requires overall conditioning. Silva and his trainers undoubtedly know what they had to do, but Rogan has a point. Silva shouldn't be so eager to fight again. The risk of the injury happening again is very likely.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks