Anderson Silva Heads to the Gym Without Crutches, Joe Rogan Fears Silva’s Leg is in Danger of Breaking Again When He Fights Again
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 6, 2014 7:46 PM EST
Anderson Silva is back in the gym without crutches. Silva has been itching to start training again after his leg injury during the UFC 168 main event bout against Chris Weidman. After over a month following the Brazilian mixed martial artist's injury, he is definitely out to prove that it will not be long before people get to see him fight in the octagon ring.
"Anderson Silva, back in the gym already, on his feet," the caption reads.
The Los Angeles Times reported about Silva's desire to come back and fight in the UFC. Silva has reportedly told UFC president Dana White about his plans fighting again as soon as he has fully recovered. White is optimistic that Silva will have fully-recovered and fight before 2014 ends.
However, UFC analyst and commentator Joe Rogan thinks otherwise. MMAFighting.com reported that Rogan made an appearance on the Opie and Anthony radio show where he expressed his thoughts on Silva's current condition and comeback plan.
"Dana is a promoter," Rogan said.
"He wants him to fight by the end of the year, and Anderson wants to fight too, but there's real danger of that thing breaking again."
Rogan said that Silva has to make sure that he is fully-healed before he even decide to fight again.
"Opponents are going to do the exact same thing."
"Anybody who fights Anderson is going to practice checking kicks like a motherf****r," he said.
Click here to listen to the full interview.
Silva should be grateful being able to take his first step without the crutches. However, coming back to training after an injury requires overall conditioning. Silva and his trainers undoubtedly know what they had to do, but Rogan has a point. Silva shouldn't be so eager to fight again. The risk of the injury happening again is very likely.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase