Arsenal FC Transfer News: Top Strikers who should be on Gunners’ List for Summer Signing
February 6, 2014 7:34 PM EST
Arsenal are on top of the Premier League table, and while their goalscoring count are above-average at 47, it is due to contributions coming from the midfield players like Aaron Ramsey, Mesut Ozil, and Santi Cazorla.
Heading into the summer transfer window, the Gunners must acquire another striker who could share the scoring load with Olivier Giroud, who only has 10 goals across his name, or someone who could score on a more consistent basis.
The north London outfit have splurged out a huge amount, though wisely, during the previous summer transfer window when they acquired Mesut Ozil from Real Madrid for £42million.
However, their failure to sign their desired targets in January, coupled with huge endorsement deals that they were able to close lately, gives Arsene Wenger a substantial sum at his disposal come summer.
Considering their current form, securing a top-class forward this coming summer will only make their side, all the more, difficult to stop.
Click on the slideshow to view players who should head to the Emirates after this season.
For more football news, follow IBTimes Football on Twitter.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows