Jill Farren Phelps Fires Michael Muhney and Billy Miller But Steve Burton Will Not Leave 'Young and the Restless'
By Vanessa Francisco | February 6, 2014 7:16 PM EST
Jill Farren Phelps, current showrunner of "The Young and the Restless" has a certain pattern and reputation that can leave a lot of long time soap fans disappointed. She has the ability to completely revamp a show that can even leave their favorite cast members unemployed. She has been at the helm of Y&R for 18 months now and as usual, she has watered down a bunch of female characters already.
However, it is not just women who lose their jobs because she has fired both Michael Muhney and Billy Miller. According to reports, Phelps said she could not work with Billy Miller around. Fans find the reason questionable because the Young and the Restless is said to have always allowed the cast to take a few weeks off for outside projects and it is strange now that it does not. The firing of Michael Muhney is an issue to fans as well.
Meanwhile, Steve Burton seems to be Jill's favorite male actor. After a photo of Burton as Jason Morgan was shown on "General Hospital," lots of fans were excited that this could mean he would be back on the show. On Feb. 4 though, Steve posted on his Twitter account, confirming that he still remains under contract for "Young and the Restless" and not going anywhere else.
A fan asked Steve if he was still under the Y&R contract to which Steve replied with a yes and that he actually just re-signed it. It only means that he is not moving back to "General Hospital" no matter what fans really want to see. There have also been rumours that General Hospital could bring back Jason Morgan's character but it could be portrayed by another actor, of course.
Steve also told fans that he has no idea whether he will be paired with Melissa Egan or not. Fans are already eager about what the show will decide to do with his character but it is definitely Steve you will see on The Young and the Restless and not on General Hospital. Based on comments, this surely disappointed some fans.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand
- New Zealand Medicine Products Sector To Get Own Regulator::Drops Plan For A Joint Regulator With Australia
- Canada's Ontario Students Score High Rank In Global Survey Of Computer Skills