Jill Farren Phelps Fires Michael Muhney and Billy Miller But Steve Burton Will Not Leave 'Young and the Restless'
By Vanessa Francisco | February 6, 2014 7:16 PM EST
Jill Farren Phelps, current showrunner of "The Young and the Restless" has a certain pattern and reputation that can leave a lot of long time soap fans disappointed. She has the ability to completely revamp a show that can even leave their favorite cast members unemployed. She has been at the helm of Y&R for 18 months now and as usual, she has watered down a bunch of female characters already.
However, it is not just women who lose their jobs because she has fired both Michael Muhney and Billy Miller. According to reports, Phelps said she could not work with Billy Miller around. Fans find the reason questionable because the Young and the Restless is said to have always allowed the cast to take a few weeks off for outside projects and it is strange now that it does not. The firing of Michael Muhney is an issue to fans as well.
Meanwhile, Steve Burton seems to be Jill's favorite male actor. After a photo of Burton as Jason Morgan was shown on "General Hospital," lots of fans were excited that this could mean he would be back on the show. On Feb. 4 though, Steve posted on his Twitter account, confirming that he still remains under contract for "Young and the Restless" and not going anywhere else.
A fan asked Steve if he was still under the Y&R contract to which Steve replied with a yes and that he actually just re-signed it. It only means that he is not moving back to "General Hospital" no matter what fans really want to see. There have also been rumours that General Hospital could bring back Jason Morgan's character but it could be portrayed by another actor, of course.
Steve also told fans that he has no idea whether he will be paired with Melissa Egan or not. Fans are already eager about what the show will decide to do with his character but it is definitely Steve you will see on The Young and the Restless and not on General Hospital. Based on comments, this surely disappointed some fans.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions