Jill Farren Phelps Fires Michael Muhney and Billy Miller But Steve Burton Will Not Leave 'Young and the Restless'
By Vanessa Francisco | February 6, 2014 7:16 PM EST
Jill Farren Phelps, current showrunner of "The Young and the Restless" has a certain pattern and reputation that can leave a lot of long time soap fans disappointed. She has the ability to completely revamp a show that can even leave their favorite cast members unemployed. She has been at the helm of Y&R for 18 months now and as usual, she has watered down a bunch of female characters already.
However, it is not just women who lose their jobs because she has fired both Michael Muhney and Billy Miller. According to reports, Phelps said she could not work with Billy Miller around. Fans find the reason questionable because the Young and the Restless is said to have always allowed the cast to take a few weeks off for outside projects and it is strange now that it does not. The firing of Michael Muhney is an issue to fans as well.
Meanwhile, Steve Burton seems to be Jill's favorite male actor. After a photo of Burton as Jason Morgan was shown on "General Hospital," lots of fans were excited that this could mean he would be back on the show. On Feb. 4 though, Steve posted on his Twitter account, confirming that he still remains under contract for "Young and the Restless" and not going anywhere else.
A fan asked Steve if he was still under the Y&R contract to which Steve replied with a yes and that he actually just re-signed it. It only means that he is not moving back to "General Hospital" no matter what fans really want to see. There have also been rumours that General Hospital could bring back Jason Morgan's character but it could be portrayed by another actor, of course.
Steve also told fans that he has no idea whether he will be paired with Melissa Egan or not. Fans are already eager about what the show will decide to do with his character but it is definitely Steve you will see on The Young and the Restless and not on General Hospital. Based on comments, this surely disappointed some fans.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate