Did Katy Perry Really Pay 'Thousands of Dollars' on Strippers for Boyfriend John Mayer?
By charmaine corne clutton | February 6, 2014 7:03 PM EST
Following her divorce from comedian Russell Brand, Katy Perry is back in the dating game, with the lucky man being none other than soul singer John Mayer. The "Teenage Dream" singer has been dating Mayer on an off, yet the rumor mill has been churning with regards to the couple's imminent engagement in the future. The two started to become officially an item in August 2012, just eight months after the "Roar" singer filed for divorce from her comedian husband Russell Brand.
Singer Katy Perry arrives at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles
Now with her current beau, reports have broke out that the two are very close to tying the knot with each other-rumors about the apparent wedding broke out when Perry was seen sporting a diamond ring during the MTV European Awards.
The couple really cannot get their hands off of each other. According to many reports, even when in a strip club, the two were inseparable. The 29-year old singer allegedly spent thousands of dollars in a strip club last Sunday after the Super Bowl last Sunday evening. The two headed straight to the Spearmint Rhino located in Santa Barbara at around 11pm along with her beau and some friends.
According to TMZ, Katy Perry extravagantly showered the club with thousands of dollars in exchange for many private dancers from strippers in the said club. Mayer is indeed one lucky man to have an understanding girlfriend like Katy Perry-who is pretty cool with her boyfriend cavorting skimpily clothed women. Could it be that Perry is paying strippers to please the "Your Body is a Wonderland" hit maker?
Katy Perry has been lambasted by many critics in regards to her attitude to women. Famous writer Camille Paglia said that Perry was still stuck in her teenage drama queen delusion, and was basically being a disservice to women empowerment. In 2012, Perry reinforced this view by many by accepting the "Billboard Woman of the Year" award with the speech "I am not a feminist, but I do believe in the strength of women."
Is this alleged spending of thousands of dollars for her boyfriend another form of evidence of Katy's faltering stance for women empowerment?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy