Did Katy Perry Really Pay 'Thousands of Dollars' on Strippers for Boyfriend John Mayer?
By charmaine corne clutton | February 6, 2014 7:03 PM EST
Following her divorce from comedian Russell Brand, Katy Perry is back in the dating game, with the lucky man being none other than soul singer John Mayer. The "Teenage Dream" singer has been dating Mayer on an off, yet the rumor mill has been churning with regards to the couple's imminent engagement in the future. The two started to become officially an item in August 2012, just eight months after the "Roar" singer filed for divorce from her comedian husband Russell Brand.
Singer Katy Perry arrives at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles
Now with her current beau, reports have broke out that the two are very close to tying the knot with each other-rumors about the apparent wedding broke out when Perry was seen sporting a diamond ring during the MTV European Awards.
The couple really cannot get their hands off of each other. According to many reports, even when in a strip club, the two were inseparable. The 29-year old singer allegedly spent thousands of dollars in a strip club last Sunday after the Super Bowl last Sunday evening. The two headed straight to the Spearmint Rhino located in Santa Barbara at around 11pm along with her beau and some friends.
According to TMZ, Katy Perry extravagantly showered the club with thousands of dollars in exchange for many private dancers from strippers in the said club. Mayer is indeed one lucky man to have an understanding girlfriend like Katy Perry-who is pretty cool with her boyfriend cavorting skimpily clothed women. Could it be that Perry is paying strippers to please the "Your Body is a Wonderland" hit maker?
Katy Perry has been lambasted by many critics in regards to her attitude to women. Famous writer Camille Paglia said that Perry was still stuck in her teenage drama queen delusion, and was basically being a disservice to women empowerment. In 2012, Perry reinforced this view by many by accepting the "Billboard Woman of the Year" award with the speech "I am not a feminist, but I do believe in the strength of women."
Is this alleged spending of thousands of dollars for her boyfriend another form of evidence of Katy's faltering stance for women empowerment?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- Jennifer Lopez And Iggy Azalea Show Off Their Incredible Bodies In Risqué Artwork Of 'Booty' Remix
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps