Did Katy Perry Really Pay 'Thousands of Dollars' on Strippers for Boyfriend John Mayer?
By charmaine corne clutton | February 6, 2014 7:03 PM EST
Following her divorce from comedian Russell Brand, Katy Perry is back in the dating game, with the lucky man being none other than soul singer John Mayer. The "Teenage Dream" singer has been dating Mayer on an off, yet the rumor mill has been churning with regards to the couple's imminent engagement in the future. The two started to become officially an item in August 2012, just eight months after the "Roar" singer filed for divorce from her comedian husband Russell Brand.
Singer Katy Perry arrives at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles
Now with her current beau, reports have broke out that the two are very close to tying the knot with each other-rumors about the apparent wedding broke out when Perry was seen sporting a diamond ring during the MTV European Awards.
The couple really cannot get their hands off of each other. According to many reports, even when in a strip club, the two were inseparable. The 29-year old singer allegedly spent thousands of dollars in a strip club last Sunday after the Super Bowl last Sunday evening. The two headed straight to the Spearmint Rhino located in Santa Barbara at around 11pm along with her beau and some friends.
According to TMZ, Katy Perry extravagantly showered the club with thousands of dollars in exchange for many private dancers from strippers in the said club. Mayer is indeed one lucky man to have an understanding girlfriend like Katy Perry-who is pretty cool with her boyfriend cavorting skimpily clothed women. Could it be that Perry is paying strippers to please the "Your Body is a Wonderland" hit maker?
Katy Perry has been lambasted by many critics in regards to her attitude to women. Famous writer Camille Paglia said that Perry was still stuck in her teenage drama queen delusion, and was basically being a disservice to women empowerment. In 2012, Perry reinforced this view by many by accepting the "Billboard Woman of the Year" award with the speech "I am not a feminist, but I do believe in the strength of women."
Is this alleged spending of thousands of dollars for her boyfriend another form of evidence of Katy's faltering stance for women empowerment?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys