Did Katy Perry Really Pay 'Thousands of Dollars' on Strippers for Boyfriend John Mayer?
By charmaine corne clutton | February 6, 2014 7:03 PM EST
Following her divorce from comedian Russell Brand, Katy Perry is back in the dating game, with the lucky man being none other than soul singer John Mayer. The "Teenage Dream" singer has been dating Mayer on an off, yet the rumor mill has been churning with regards to the couple's imminent engagement in the future. The two started to become officially an item in August 2012, just eight months after the "Roar" singer filed for divorce from her comedian husband Russell Brand.
Singer Katy Perry arrives at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles
Now with her current beau, reports have broke out that the two are very close to tying the knot with each other-rumors about the apparent wedding broke out when Perry was seen sporting a diamond ring during the MTV European Awards.
The couple really cannot get their hands off of each other. According to many reports, even when in a strip club, the two were inseparable. The 29-year old singer allegedly spent thousands of dollars in a strip club last Sunday after the Super Bowl last Sunday evening. The two headed straight to the Spearmint Rhino located in Santa Barbara at around 11pm along with her beau and some friends.
According to TMZ, Katy Perry extravagantly showered the club with thousands of dollars in exchange for many private dancers from strippers in the said club. Mayer is indeed one lucky man to have an understanding girlfriend like Katy Perry-who is pretty cool with her boyfriend cavorting skimpily clothed women. Could it be that Perry is paying strippers to please the "Your Body is a Wonderland" hit maker?
Katy Perry has been lambasted by many critics in regards to her attitude to women. Famous writer Camille Paglia said that Perry was still stuck in her teenage drama queen delusion, and was basically being a disservice to women empowerment. In 2012, Perry reinforced this view by many by accepting the "Billboard Woman of the Year" award with the speech "I am not a feminist, but I do believe in the strength of women."
Is this alleged spending of thousands of dollars for her boyfriend another form of evidence of Katy's faltering stance for women empowerment?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS