Did Katy Perry Really Pay 'Thousands of Dollars' on Strippers for Boyfriend John Mayer?
By charmaine corne clutton | February 6, 2014 7:03 PM EST
Following her divorce from comedian Russell Brand, Katy Perry is back in the dating game, with the lucky man being none other than soul singer John Mayer. The "Teenage Dream" singer has been dating Mayer on an off, yet the rumor mill has been churning with regards to the couple's imminent engagement in the future. The two started to become officially an item in August 2012, just eight months after the "Roar" singer filed for divorce from her comedian husband Russell Brand.
Singer Katy Perry arrives at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles
Now with her current beau, reports have broke out that the two are very close to tying the knot with each other-rumors about the apparent wedding broke out when Perry was seen sporting a diamond ring during the MTV European Awards.
The couple really cannot get their hands off of each other. According to many reports, even when in a strip club, the two were inseparable. The 29-year old singer allegedly spent thousands of dollars in a strip club last Sunday after the Super Bowl last Sunday evening. The two headed straight to the Spearmint Rhino located in Santa Barbara at around 11pm along with her beau and some friends.
According to TMZ, Katy Perry extravagantly showered the club with thousands of dollars in exchange for many private dancers from strippers in the said club. Mayer is indeed one lucky man to have an understanding girlfriend like Katy Perry-who is pretty cool with her boyfriend cavorting skimpily clothed women. Could it be that Perry is paying strippers to please the "Your Body is a Wonderland" hit maker?
Katy Perry has been lambasted by many critics in regards to her attitude to women. Famous writer Camille Paglia said that Perry was still stuck in her teenage drama queen delusion, and was basically being a disservice to women empowerment. In 2012, Perry reinforced this view by many by accepting the "Billboard Woman of the Year" award with the speech "I am not a feminist, but I do believe in the strength of women."
Is this alleged spending of thousands of dollars for her boyfriend another form of evidence of Katy's faltering stance for women empowerment?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On