‘The Biggest Loser’ Rachel Frederickson’s Massive weight-Loss Raises Concern Over Her Health
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | February 6, 2014 6:46 PM EST
When Rachel Frederickson stood at the finale of The Biggest Loser to show to the world how much she lost, people got more shocked than surprised. She lost 155 pounds and wanted to flaunt it with pride. However, the 24-year-old's transformation made people concerned about her health. Ms Frederickson weighed 260 pounds when she started the show and, within three months, she weighed 105 pounds and turned herself to size 0/2. Ms Frederickson spoke to People and expressed her ignorance about the air of concern regarding her health.
Shine America, the company that produced the show, and NBC issued a statement that they supported Ms Frederickson along with every other contestant at The Biggest Loser. They claimed to be dedicated to helping participants achieve weight loss in a healthy way. They also claimed that they helped contestants in the last 15 seasons live a life which was healthier. The process, they said, inspired viewers to follow the same kind of a lifestyle.
Dolvett Quince, Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels happen to maintain uncanny silence about the concerns raised about Ms Frederickson's health. The trainer-trio's silence raised question, but a rep for Ms Michaels said that he should not comment on Ms Frederickson's journey since she had not trained her in the show.
Mr Harper, on the other hand, posted on Facebook to congratulate the contestants in the show for their commitment and hard work. He wrote that he, along with Ms Michaels, did not feel comfortable to comment on Ms Frederickson's journey as they had not trained her. He also mentioned that they had not been given any opportunity to work with Ms Frederickson ever. The producers of the show should be asked if there is anything to be answered, he wrote.
Meanwhile, Twitter users expressed heavily about how they felt about Ms Frederickson's weight-loss. Most of them showed grave concern about her health. Some tweeted that no healthy person could have an 18 BMI, which Ms Frederickson had. Time reported that the fashion industries in Milan, Madrid and Israel have already banned models who have a BMI below 18.5.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola: American Doctors in Liberia Trying Out New Methods
- Boxing News 2014: 12 Days to Mayweather-Maidana Rematch; Money May’s Bikram Yoga Routine Includes Placing $100 Bills Around Mat
- 5 Deadly Reasons to Stay Away From Soda (Watch Video)
- Bill Clinton Credits Sugar-Free Diet For Weight Loss: A Vegan Diet If Not Followed Properly Can Cause Weight Gain
- Low-Carb Diet Helps Reduce Risk of Heart Disease, Aids Weight Loss; A Look At Celebs Who Adopted The Diet
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers