'Criminal Minds' Season 9 Spoilers: Why is Paget Brewster as Emily Prentiss Returning to the Show? [WATCH]
By Vanessa Francisco | February 6, 2014 6:43 PM EST
"Criminal Minds" is about to air its celebratory 200th episode and it will surely be a remarkable one. Before this landmark episode, "Criminal Minds" executive producer Erica Messer and other executives promised that the show will reveal a lot of answers to questions, including the uncertainty of J.J's abduction in the latest episode. It is also said that the episode will have the return of former cast member Paget Brewster as Emily Prentiss.
Brewster is returning as a Special Agent Prentiss to fill in the backstory about J.J (played by A.J Cook) from when she started missing from the group. The actress talked to TV Fanatic about the show's upcoming episode and explained the real purpose of her return.
"What they did with the 200th episode and what Erica Messer told me they were doing is to go back in time to reveal what happened to J.J. in the time that she went missing from the BAU. Prentiss is going to help her in such a mirror way of when J.J. helped Prentiss get out of the country to go to Paris," Brewster said. She added that the 200th episode is a "nice way" to see Prentiss and J.J.'s relationship and how they always had each other's backs.
A.J. Cook, who plays J.J., has described the telecast as "a little mini movie," reported Zap2it. "It has been an interesting season for all the characters. We had a chance to know a bit about the background stories and it falls on the 200th episode for J.J.
Jayne Atkinson, who plays the deceased former Section Chief Erin Strauss, is also going to make an appearance on the show. The character will be shown in a couple of flashback sequences. Messer also assured fans that there would be more revealed about J.J.'s abduction. "That is something I have had in my mind for a year. Actually, somebody is being dragged to a room and put in handcuffs. You do not know who it is," Messer told TV Guide. "It will be J.J. I wanted her to be a victim. Now it is about how do we find her and why was she abducted? All these questions will be answered in the 200th episode."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet