Paul Wesley: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Stars in New Film 'Before I Disappear' Premiering and Competing at 2014 SXSW Lineup
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 6, 2014 6:32 PM EST
The 2014 South by Southwest Film Festival (SXSW) recently confirmed that actor Paul Wesley's new film titled "Before I Disappear" will be a part of the event's lineup. The 31-year-old "Vampire Diaries" star shared the good news and expressed his excitement on Twitter about the inclusion of his new project outside the world of TV at the 2014 SXSW.
Paul Wesley plays Stefan Salvatore in the CW show "The Vampire Diaries."
'Teen Wolf' Season 4 Casting News: 'Man of Steel' Actor Dylan Sprayberry Gets Cast as New Freshman Liam at Beacon Hills
'The Originals' Spoilers: Klaus and Rebekah in Danger, Can Elijah Save His Siblings? Watch Promo Video For Upcoming Episode 14 'Long Way Back From Hell'
"Thrilled that our film 'Before I Disappear' will be premiering and in competition at this year's @sxsw," Mr Wesley posted on his Twitter account @paulwesley. According to the WetPaint report, the film "Before I Disappear" is first feature work of the short film director and feature writer Shawn Christensen.
— Paul Wesley (@paulwesley) January 30, 2014
Mr Christensen's other work projects include the short film titled "Live Action" where he won an Academy Award in 2013. The IMDB page shared the brief story plot for "Before I Disappear" and it reads: "At the lowest point of his life, Richie gets a call from his estranged sister, asking him to look after his eleven-year old niece, Sophia, for a few hours."
In the new film, Paul Wesley portrays the supporting character named Gideon together with his co-stars Emmy Rossum who portrays the character named Maggie, "The West Wing" actor Richard Schiff and director Shawn Christensen himself.
Paul Wesley is excited to diversify his acting career and roles outside of the successful CW TV series "The Vampire Diaries." Fans will be able to see Mr Wesley's impressive performances in other roles after portraying the Ripper-turned-good vampire Stefan Salvatore and the sociopath Silas.
When asked in his Mobio Insider page on which character Paul Wesley prefers more, Stefan ripper or Silas, the TVD star responded that it is a tough question to answer but decided to go for the Ripper Stefan.
Fans can watch Paul Wesley portray Stefan Salvatore in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 that airs on Thursday nights at 8 p.m. ET on the CW network. Episode 13 "Total Eclipse of the Heart" is scheduled to air on Thursday night, February 6, where Stefan sounds suspicious or even jealous with Damon's (Ian Somerhalder) rekindled friendship with Augustine vampire Enzo (Michael Malarkey).
More Articles to Read:
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: New Villain Markos Arrives at Mystic Falls in Episode 17 - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Episode 12 Recap/Spoilers: Katherine is 'The Devil Inside' Elena's Body, Watch Promo Video For Episode 13 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- 'The Good Wife' Season 4, Episode 10 Spoilers: Alicia Florrick Campaign Goes Awry In Winter Finale (Updates)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide