Paul Wesley: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Stars in New Film 'Before I Disappear' Premiering and Competing at 2014 SXSW Lineup
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 6, 2014 6:32 PM EST
The 2014 South by Southwest Film Festival (SXSW) recently confirmed that actor Paul Wesley's new film titled "Before I Disappear" will be a part of the event's lineup. The 31-year-old "Vampire Diaries" star shared the good news and expressed his excitement on Twitter about the inclusion of his new project outside the world of TV at the 2014 SXSW.
Paul Wesley plays Stefan Salvatore in the CW show "The Vampire Diaries."
'Teen Wolf' Season 4 Casting News: 'Man of Steel' Actor Dylan Sprayberry Gets Cast as New Freshman Liam at Beacon Hills
'The Originals' Spoilers: Klaus and Rebekah in Danger, Can Elijah Save His Siblings? Watch Promo Video For Upcoming Episode 14 'Long Way Back From Hell'
"Thrilled that our film 'Before I Disappear' will be premiering and in competition at this year's @sxsw," Mr Wesley posted on his Twitter account @paulwesley. According to the WetPaint report, the film "Before I Disappear" is first feature work of the short film director and feature writer Shawn Christensen.
— Paul Wesley (@paulwesley) January 30, 2014
Mr Christensen's other work projects include the short film titled "Live Action" where he won an Academy Award in 2013. The IMDB page shared the brief story plot for "Before I Disappear" and it reads: "At the lowest point of his life, Richie gets a call from his estranged sister, asking him to look after his eleven-year old niece, Sophia, for a few hours."
In the new film, Paul Wesley portrays the supporting character named Gideon together with his co-stars Emmy Rossum who portrays the character named Maggie, "The West Wing" actor Richard Schiff and director Shawn Christensen himself.
Paul Wesley is excited to diversify his acting career and roles outside of the successful CW TV series "The Vampire Diaries." Fans will be able to see Mr Wesley's impressive performances in other roles after portraying the Ripper-turned-good vampire Stefan Salvatore and the sociopath Silas.
When asked in his Mobio Insider page on which character Paul Wesley prefers more, Stefan ripper or Silas, the TVD star responded that it is a tough question to answer but decided to go for the Ripper Stefan.
Fans can watch Paul Wesley portray Stefan Salvatore in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 that airs on Thursday nights at 8 p.m. ET on the CW network. Episode 13 "Total Eclipse of the Heart" is scheduled to air on Thursday night, February 6, where Stefan sounds suspicious or even jealous with Damon's (Ian Somerhalder) rekindled friendship with Augustine vampire Enzo (Michael Malarkey).
More Articles to Read:
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: New Villain Markos Arrives at Mystic Falls in Episode 17 - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Episode 12 Recap/Spoilers: Katherine is 'The Devil Inside' Elena's Body, Watch Promo Video For Episode 13 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4