Valentine’s Day 2014: 7 Delightful Ways to Spend The Love Day Alone
By Tarun Mazumdar | February 6, 2014 6:24 PM EST
Yes, Valentine's Day is the most romantic day of the year. On this day people do mushy-mushy stuff, and one can literally feel that love-is-in-the-air-metro-subway-bus-train-station-bar-restaurant, but it can be pretty annoying for the single boys and girls. As a matter of fact, many single guys feel that it is the saddest day for them.
What to do on this designated day to shower love, when you're single?
Check out these 7 delightful ways to beat the Valentine's Day Blues!
1. Go out with a friend and make fun of other couples: Yes! Go on an absolutely platonic with a friend, have a good time at a bar or restaurant and laugh at other couples who are too much into each other (publicly!).
2. Share the love - volunteer: Valentine's Day is all about showing others how much you love them. Why not share the feeling with the ones who really need it on that day. Contact the local senior homes or orphanages and volunteer.
3. Make it the "Spa Day": Valentine's Day is also about loving oneself. Get a spa appointment and pamper yourself. A good message is great on any given day.
4. Organise a grand party: Invite your friends and loved ones and have a gala time. Sing karaoke, eat junk food, drink wine and have a good time on Valentine's Day.
5. Go travel, see new places: You don't have to be with someone to have a great Valentine's Day, book your tickets and travel. See a new beach or maybe explore a new city. Eat the local cuisine.
6. Meet new people: When you travel, you meet a lot of people and some of them can be very interesting. Talk to them. Talk about your hobbies. Listen to what they have to say about the city or about the day (Valentines).
7. Go out on date with yourself: Go out and treat yourself. After that splendid spa session, you can go to a nice restaurant and eat food. You can get all dressed up for the day, buy flowers and have a great time.
Valentine's Day is much more than cheesy couple making out in restaurants or bars, it is about sharing the love.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists