Valentine’s Day 2014: 7 Delightful Ways to Spend The Love Day Alone
By Tarun Mazumdar | February 6, 2014 6:24 PM EST
Yes, Valentine's Day is the most romantic day of the year. On this day people do mushy-mushy stuff, and one can literally feel that love-is-in-the-air-metro-subway-bus-train-station-bar-restaurant, but it can be pretty annoying for the single boys and girls. As a matter of fact, many single guys feel that it is the saddest day for them.
What to do on this designated day to shower love, when you're single?
Check out these 7 delightful ways to beat the Valentine's Day Blues!
1. Go out with a friend and make fun of other couples: Yes! Go on an absolutely platonic with a friend, have a good time at a bar or restaurant and laugh at other couples who are too much into each other (publicly!).
2. Share the love - volunteer: Valentine's Day is all about showing others how much you love them. Why not share the feeling with the ones who really need it on that day. Contact the local senior homes or orphanages and volunteer.
3. Make it the "Spa Day": Valentine's Day is also about loving oneself. Get a spa appointment and pamper yourself. A good message is great on any given day.
4. Organise a grand party: Invite your friends and loved ones and have a gala time. Sing karaoke, eat junk food, drink wine and have a good time on Valentine's Day.
5. Go travel, see new places: You don't have to be with someone to have a great Valentine's Day, book your tickets and travel. See a new beach or maybe explore a new city. Eat the local cuisine.
6. Meet new people: When you travel, you meet a lot of people and some of them can be very interesting. Talk to them. Talk about your hobbies. Listen to what they have to say about the city or about the day (Valentines).
7. Go out on date with yourself: Go out and treat yourself. After that splendid spa session, you can go to a nice restaurant and eat food. You can get all dressed up for the day, buy flowers and have a great time.
Valentine's Day is much more than cheesy couple making out in restaurants or bars, it is about sharing the love.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar