HTC M8 Leaked Photo 'Fake,' Company Exec Confirms
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 6, 2014 5:51 PM EST
The recent leaked photo of HTC M8 is fake, according to a company's executive. The photo in question showed the upcoming smartphone will come in two cameras at the back. The leak said HTC One 2, also known as HTC M8, will arrive with dual camera and double lens allowing users to produce better quality image when taking pictures. Also, the photos will have enhanced depth perception that will turn a normal selfie taker to a professional photographer.
WikiCommons 2.0 Generic
Image Showing the HTC One Smartphone on a Apple Keyboard
According to the Director of HTC Netherlands Mark Moons, "Somebody has been photo shopping...." The executive announced his opinion via Twitter confirming the leaked photo is far from real.
When compared to the original HTC One, the leaked photo sports a similar design and built. But there is another circle on top of the device, which is speculated to be the device's fingerprint sensor. The beats logo at the bottom of the device is not present. The camera may have two sensors.
Most recent reports claimed the successor of HTC One will be released in late March. The device will purposely skip the Mobile World Congress later this month. According to reliable tipster @evleaks, HTC will announce the much-awaited smartphone in an elaborate event in New York. The company probably decided to hold its own launching event due to the success of the original HTC One.
Late last year, Nokia lawyer claimed HTC will launch the next generation of HTC One in Q1 2014. But HTC still has not confirmed the official launch date of HTC One 2.
Details on the HTC's flagship phone are still undisclosed but some of the rumored features of HTC One 2 are:
- 5-inch full HD screen display
- 2.3 quadcore Snapdragon 800 processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 16 GB and 32 GB of internal storage
- microSD slot for expandable storage
- 2900 mAh battery
- Android 4.4 KitKat OS
- Sense 6 UI
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft