Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Sensor Embedded Whole Screen?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 6, 2014 5:48 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5 will feature a fingerprint sensor embedded on the entire screen of the device, according to a report.
iTechAddict reported that Samsung Galaxy S5 will sport a different type of fingerprint sensor that can be used by the user by touching anywhere on the screen. The insider said that the international variant of Samsung Galaxy S5 packed this particular feature. This is not the first time that the rumour of Samsung Galaxy S5 will pack a fingerprint sensor.
Pheonix Pham by Concept-Phones
Samsung Galaxy S5 Concept Image by Pheonix Pham
The report continued that the handset will ditch the normal physical and capacitive buttons found in Galaxy S5's predecessors.
Moreover, ETNews backed up iTechAddict's report by saying that Samsung that will allow users to swipe anywhere on the screen to use fingerprint features.
Meanwhile, Samsung Galaxy S5 rumoured specs and features claimed that the handset will pack a QHD display with a 2K resolution. Samsung Galaxy S5 may also include an octo-core Exynos 6 chipset or a Snapdragon 805 SoC for the 4G/LTE variant. The handset is also expected to run with Android 4.4 Kitkat OS. The Galaxy S5 will not pack the rumoured 4000mAh battery but will include a 2900mAh.
On the other hand, a patent from Samsung was spotted last week and showed that the Galaxy S5 will have no buttons. The design of the leaked smartphone resembles the previous Galaxy S4 and S3. Both devices feature soft keys and a home button. The patent also suggested that Samsung Galaxy S5 will drop the rumoured retina scanner. However, Samsung still has not confirmed the details and features of its upcoming flagship phone.
The South Korean tech company already sent out invitations for its launching event in Barcelona, the same date that the Mobile World Congress kicks off. Samsung's separate event is entitled UNPACKED 5 that sparked the rumours that it will finally unveil the heavily rumoured Samsung Galaxy S5.
If the said handset will be announced on Feb. 24, the device will be most probably be available for purchase sometime in March or April.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2