Samsung Galaxy S5 May Feature 3,200 mAh Battery On Release Date
By Karla Danica Figuerres | February 6, 2014 5:31 PM EST
As Samsung Galaxy S5 release date nears, reports about the much anticipated flagship smartphone continue to flood the Internet. A recent leak has revealed the hardware specs of the smartphone in .pdf.
Daewoo Securities Research cited the expected Samsung Galaxy S5 specs, according to Phone Arena. In a .pdf document, it was detailed Samsung Galaxy S5 will sport an Exynos 6 Octa processor or Qualcomm 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 805 CPU.
Samsung will possibly release two models of Galaxy S5 similar to its predecessor, Galaxy S4. Depending on the region, Galaxy S4 also comes with either quad-core Snapdragon 600 processor or an Exynos 5 Octa processor.
Benchmark tests comparing Galaxy S4 variants revealed mixed results with close results. In the Galaxy S4 quadrant tests, it was not clear whether one CPU is better than the other, according to Engadget. Remarkably, the performance of both devices in real-time usage is also identical in performing high-end gaming graphics for daily tasks.
It is likely the international version of Galaxy S5 will feature the Exynos 6 Octa processor while the U.S. version will be on Snapdragon 805.
Apart from the CPU data, the securities firm also claimed the Galaxy S5 might feature a 3200 mAh battery on release date with 5.2 to 5.52 inches of AMOLED display with 2560 x 1440 resolution and 560 ppi, 3GB RAM, 16 MP sensor rear camera and 3.2 MP front camera. Also, Galaxy S5 is expected to be in 32 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB variants rather than the usual 16 GB variant.
Meanwhile, Galaxy S5 release date is probably coming this first quarter 2014 as the Korean tech giant revealed it will be holding an "Unpacked 5" event in Feb. 24 in Barcelona, Spain, which could be the launch date of Galaxy S5. Also, Galaxy Gear 2 is rumored to coincide with the launch of Galaxy S5.
Also, it is wise to take all of this information with a grain of salt.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness