‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4: Emilia Clarke on Her Role as the ‘Mother of Dragons’
By Riza Ornos | February 6, 2014 5:30 PM EST
Known for her role as the "Mother of Dragons," "Game of Thrones'" Emilia Clark revealed that she has come to identify with her role in HBO's hit fantasy TV show. The British actress admits in the recent interview that playing Daenerys Targaryen was not easy for her to identify but as she goes on with Dany's journey she learned to relate with her struggles.
The 26-year-old actress also revealed on "Game of Thrones" Season 4 "echoes" her won life's struggles in an interview with The Wall Street Journal. "It's the growth of a girl into a woman. She's being thrown into the deep end, to see if she can sink or swim, and she decides to do it her way," says Clarke who sees herself growing with the character.
She learned that if you are going to work with dragons you are eventually going to get burned, and Clarke definitely knows how it feels to get burned while playing the exile royal.
"It was his birthday, and he was drunk," recalled the actress. "And he said, 'Please, Mother of Dragons, sing me "Happy Birthday." After she obliged, the tipsy stranger offered his impromptu critique of her GOT performance: "You're doing it all wrong, you know? You're f-kin' it up," Clarke recounts.
"I kind of wanted to purse him and ask for notes: 'What exactly did you mean?'" she says. "But the reality of taking a book and turning it into a television series is that you're dealing with people's imaginations. It's impossible to please everyone."
For the past three years, Clarke has done an amazing job for playing Daenerys Targaryen and the role earned her an Emmy nomination following Peter Dinklage. But unlike her famous character, Clarke still lives a pretty normal life thanks to her natural brunette hair.
During the interview, Clarke revealed that she did the robot dance, followed by the funky chicken during her interview with HBO executives. Little did she know that she nailed the interview before she busted out the robot move.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best