‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4: Emilia Clarke on Her Role as the ‘Mother of Dragons’
By Riza Ornos | February 6, 2014 5:30 PM EST
Known for her role as the "Mother of Dragons," "Game of Thrones'" Emilia Clark revealed that she has come to identify with her role in HBO's hit fantasy TV show. The British actress admits in the recent interview that playing Daenerys Targaryen was not easy for her to identify but as she goes on with Dany's journey she learned to relate with her struggles.
The 26-year-old actress also revealed on "Game of Thrones" Season 4 "echoes" her won life's struggles in an interview with The Wall Street Journal. "It's the growth of a girl into a woman. She's being thrown into the deep end, to see if she can sink or swim, and she decides to do it her way," says Clarke who sees herself growing with the character.
She learned that if you are going to work with dragons you are eventually going to get burned, and Clarke definitely knows how it feels to get burned while playing the exile royal.
"It was his birthday, and he was drunk," recalled the actress. "And he said, 'Please, Mother of Dragons, sing me "Happy Birthday." After she obliged, the tipsy stranger offered his impromptu critique of her GOT performance: "You're doing it all wrong, you know? You're f-kin' it up," Clarke recounts.
"I kind of wanted to purse him and ask for notes: 'What exactly did you mean?'" she says. "But the reality of taking a book and turning it into a television series is that you're dealing with people's imaginations. It's impossible to please everyone."
For the past three years, Clarke has done an amazing job for playing Daenerys Targaryen and the role earned her an Emmy nomination following Peter Dinklage. But unlike her famous character, Clarke still lives a pretty normal life thanks to her natural brunette hair.
During the interview, Clarke revealed that she did the robot dance, followed by the funky chicken during her interview with HBO executives. Little did she know that she nailed the interview before she busted out the robot move.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2