13-Year-Old Briton Raped 8-Year-Old Sister, Blames Act on Porn Movie Seen at Family Xbox (VIDEOS)
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 6, 2014 5:28 PM EST
A Xbox One console is pictured at the Microsoft Games exhibition stand during the Gamescom 2013 fair in Cologne August 23, 2013.
Rape is a horrible crime often triggered by porn viewing like what happened in the video above. However, it becomes doubly reprehensible and revolting when the perpetrator and victim are very young siblings such as what happened in Britain.
A 13-year-old Briton from Lancashire admitted the rape of his 8-year-old sister. The male teen appeared before the Blackburn Magistrates Court on Thursday and said he did the act after watching porn on the family Xbox.
He recalled viewing the lewd material on the games console with a friend and decided to try what he saw on his sister whom he thought could not remember what he did since she is still small.
The teener pleaded guilty to indecent assault of his sister and inciting her to perform a sexual act.
The youth is now out on bail and living with relatives, away from his sister who is now given support by specialist officers. A youth offending team is preparing a pre-sentence report on the juvenile delinquent.
Blackburn MP Jack Straw found the incident horrible and said, quoted by The Mirror, "It is a horrifying crime which underlines how porn is too readily available to juveniles."
The MP said Internet service provides should recognise their responsibility in controlling youth access to porn.
Jon Brown, NSPCC lead for addressing sex abuse, stressed that porn damages children's view "of what was normal sexual behaviour and how they treat others."
Currently, the responsibility is mainly on the parents to block their young children's access to the Internet and alter the online safety and privacy setting of their account. A new online safety bill for discussion by a government committee proposed that Internet users be mandated to opt in and prove they are above 18 years old to view adult materials.
Before the age of the Internet, curious teen boys had to sneak into the cabinets or look under the mattress of their older brothers or fathers to leaf through copies of porn magazines such as Playboy, Hustler or Penthouse. However, in the technology era, online porn is so easy to access if the parents don't install blocks to these sites.
In the case of Xbox 360, while it does not have dedicated apps devoted exclusively to porn access, it has a browser that allows users to view unlimited porn content. It also has a DVD drive where users could play porn films on disc.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Update: Australians Unveil New Map To Find The Missing Plane
- Ebola Virus 'Rapidly Mutating' as Research Finds Almost 400 Mutations; International Aid Moves at a Snail's Pace
- Court Grants Indian Man Divorce Over Wife’s Insatiable Sex Demands
- ISIS Threat: Australia Terror Alert Level at 'Medium' as Saudi King Warns of Attacks in Europe in a Month
- Shocking Ice Bucket Challenge Video: Man Drenches 10-Month-Old Granddaughter, Video Garnered Angry And Appalled Comments From Viewers
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How