Football News: Zlatan Ibrahimovic sends Ronaldo an Interesting Birthday Gift
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 6, 2014 3:43 PM EST
Paris Saint-Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic takes his rivalry with Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo off-pitch, by sending the latter a shirt stating "Dare to Zlatan" as a birthday gift.
Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo reacts during their Spanish King's Cup semi-final first leg soccer match against Atletico Madrid at Santiago Bernabeu stadium in Madrid
The Swede posted a photo of the shirt on Twitter, while jokingly remarked that it will be Portuguese's "new favourite outfit."
— Zlatan Ibrahimović (@Ibra_official) February 5, 2014
The Los Blancos superstar, on the other hand, came up with a witty response stating that the outfit will "look better" on him than on Ibrahimovic.
Thank you for the birthday present @Ibra_official. It will look better on me than you though. — Cristiano Ronaldo (@Cristiano) February 5, 2014
Ronaldo has been trying to score goals with an overhead kick ala Zlatan lately, to his detriment as most of his attempts failed to find the back of the net.
One of which, against Real Betis in December (video below), could make you burst out in laughter as the ball hit his face instead of guiding it past the goalkeeper.
After winning the Ballon d'Or, the Madrid man's next target seems to be the Puskas Award. But, players who have won it are, in no way, making a conscious effort to make their attempts look good - it just happens.
Ronaldo should concentrate of what he does best: play straightforward, no nonsense football. Otherwise, he might inadvertently create a circus, which features himself as the star of the show.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29