Football News: Zlatan Ibrahimovic sends Ronaldo an Interesting Birthday Gift
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 6, 2014 3:43 PM EST
Paris Saint-Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic takes his rivalry with Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo off-pitch, by sending the latter a shirt stating "Dare to Zlatan" as a birthday gift.
Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo reacts during their Spanish King's Cup semi-final first leg soccer match against Atletico Madrid at Santiago Bernabeu stadium in Madrid
The Swede posted a photo of the shirt on Twitter, while jokingly remarked that it will be Portuguese's "new favourite outfit."
— Zlatan Ibrahimović (@Ibra_official) February 5, 2014
The Los Blancos superstar, on the other hand, came up with a witty response stating that the outfit will "look better" on him than on Ibrahimovic.
Thank you for the birthday present @Ibra_official. It will look better on me than you though. — Cristiano Ronaldo (@Cristiano) February 5, 2014
Ronaldo has been trying to score goals with an overhead kick ala Zlatan lately, to his detriment as most of his attempts failed to find the back of the net.
One of which, against Real Betis in December (video below), could make you burst out in laughter as the ball hit his face instead of guiding it past the goalkeeper.
After winning the Ballon d'Or, the Madrid man's next target seems to be the Puskas Award. But, players who have won it are, in no way, making a conscious effort to make their attempts look good - it just happens.
Ronaldo should concentrate of what he does best: play straightforward, no nonsense football. Otherwise, he might inadvertently create a circus, which features himself as the star of the show.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal