Google Nexus 10 2 Release Not Happening As Nexus 6 To Launch In Q2?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 6, 2014 3:40 PM EST
Google Nexus 10 2 release may not happen at all as the company shifts its focus to the successor of Nexus 5 - Nexus 6.
Google Nexus 6 is reported to arrive earlier than usual. The smartphone is set to launch on May 17. Motoring Crunch cited an unnamed source from LG Electronics claiming the next generation of Nexus smartphone will be released alongside LG G3.
Android 4.4 KRT16O KitKat update released for Nexus 10.
The reason for the earlier launch of Google Nexus 6 is to battle head on the release of other Android smartphones such as Samsung Galaxy S5 and HTC M8. If rumors were true, Google Nexus 6 will arrive in the second quarter this year. Google has no time to work on other devices at this point.
Another probable reason Google gave its smartphone much priority is because Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 were popular and deliver high sales and translate them into profits. The original Google Nexus 10 fell below the expectations of the company in terms of sales. This is probably due to poor specs and features of the tablet compared to other devices in the market.
Meanwhile, Russian Analyst Edgar Murtazin tweeted Google has plans to discontinue the whole Nexus line to make way for Google Play Editions of different Android devices. The search giant probably started shelving Nexus 10 tablet. This rumor is further fueled when Google sold off its recently acquired Motorola Mobility to Lenovo. This hinted that Google gave up in making its own hardware.
Google Nexus 10 2 is reported to come with a new version Android OS on its release date. Google always pair its devices with a new mobile software on its launch.
Although Google has not confirmed the details of its full-fledged tablet, 10-inch screen with 2,560 x 1,600 pixel resolution; NVIDIA Tegra 4 chipset or latest Snapdragon CPU or Samsung's Exynos chip; 5-megapixel rear camera and a 3-megapixel front-facing camera are some of the rumoured features of Google Nexus 10 2. Previous reports also claimed Nexus 10 2 will sport a 12-inch screen display.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates