Did Selena Gomez Actually Go to Rehab in Arizona: When Exactly Did it Happen?
By nidhi tewari | February 6, 2014 3:35 PM EST
There is speculation in the media that Justin Bieber's on and of girlfriend Selena Gomez had secretly checked into a rehab centre voluntarily in Arizona. The Texan beauty was reportedly so "exhausted" and "broken hearted" that she cancelled the remaining leg of her Australian tour and checked into Arizona rehab center for almost two weeks.
Singer and actress Selena Gomez poses for photographers during an appearance at the Santa Monica Place mall to promote her new movie "Monte Carlo" in Santa Monica, California June 13, 2011. Gomez was due to make the promotional appearance June 10 but fell ill and was hospitalized for routine tests.
Selena chose to spend some quality time in Dawn at The Meadows recovery facility in Wickenburg, Arizona. The rehab centre helps people deal with emotional and addiction issues. "Selena voluntarily spent time at Meadows but not for substance abuse," Gomez's representative told People. But Perez Hilton added that the 21-year-old pop singer reportedly spent her time at the rehab for substance abuse as Selena was addicted to various drugs at that time. She allegedly partied really hard and got addicted to pot, Xanax and Ambien - a type of sleeping aid, the Web site reports.
"Her friends and family became increasingly worried that there might be a serious problem with Selena. Particularly, her parents. The partying was, at times, wild. They wanted to help her - and they very much encouraged her to go to rehab. Others very close to her also urged her to seek professional help," says a source, according to Perez Hilton.
Selena Gomez's representatives have not confirmed any of this but one just can't help but wonder that early January (the time cited by the Web site as Selena's rehab time) was the time Selena was also spotted getting back with Justin Bieber. Pictures of a very happy Selena Gomez enjoying her time with Justin were splashed over the media early in the said month. Was she just back from rehab at that time or was Justin Bieber convincing Selena to check into a rehab?
After that time, Selena and Justin reportedly had an ugly break-up over the text message exchanges where the latter called the former a "talentless p-ssy." The former Disney star was also reported to be suffering from auto immune disease Lupus at that time. Around second week of January, Selena was then spotted at various media sightings in Sundance festival. Just wondering when did she actually spend two weeks quietly in a rehab away from the watchful eye of the media and fans? What are your views?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Nuclear War: Putin Certain To Launch Battle To Avoid Corruption Charges, Whistleblower Claims