Did Selena Gomez Actually Go to Rehab in Arizona: When Exactly Did it Happen?
By nidhi tewari | February 6, 2014 3:35 PM EST
There is speculation in the media that Justin Bieber's on and of girlfriend Selena Gomez had secretly checked into a rehab centre voluntarily in Arizona. The Texan beauty was reportedly so "exhausted" and "broken hearted" that she cancelled the remaining leg of her Australian tour and checked into Arizona rehab center for almost two weeks.
Singer and actress Selena Gomez poses for photographers during an appearance at the Santa Monica Place mall to promote her new movie "Monte Carlo" in Santa Monica, California June 13, 2011. Gomez was due to make the promotional appearance June 10 but fell ill and was hospitalized for routine tests.
Selena chose to spend some quality time in Dawn at The Meadows recovery facility in Wickenburg, Arizona. The rehab centre helps people deal with emotional and addiction issues. "Selena voluntarily spent time at Meadows but not for substance abuse," Gomez's representative told People. But Perez Hilton added that the 21-year-old pop singer reportedly spent her time at the rehab for substance abuse as Selena was addicted to various drugs at that time. She allegedly partied really hard and got addicted to pot, Xanax and Ambien - a type of sleeping aid, the Web site reports.
"Her friends and family became increasingly worried that there might be a serious problem with Selena. Particularly, her parents. The partying was, at times, wild. They wanted to help her - and they very much encouraged her to go to rehab. Others very close to her also urged her to seek professional help," says a source, according to Perez Hilton.
Selena Gomez's representatives have not confirmed any of this but one just can't help but wonder that early January (the time cited by the Web site as Selena's rehab time) was the time Selena was also spotted getting back with Justin Bieber. Pictures of a very happy Selena Gomez enjoying her time with Justin were splashed over the media early in the said month. Was she just back from rehab at that time or was Justin Bieber convincing Selena to check into a rehab?
After that time, Selena and Justin reportedly had an ugly break-up over the text message exchanges where the latter called the former a "talentless p-ssy." The former Disney star was also reported to be suffering from auto immune disease Lupus at that time. Around second week of January, Selena was then spotted at various media sightings in Sundance festival. Just wondering when did she actually spend two weeks quietly in a rehab away from the watchful eye of the media and fans? What are your views?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS