Did Selena Gomez Actually Go to Rehab in Arizona: When Exactly Did it Happen?
By nidhi tewari | February 6, 2014 3:35 PM EST
There is speculation in the media that Justin Bieber's on and of girlfriend Selena Gomez had secretly checked into a rehab centre voluntarily in Arizona. The Texan beauty was reportedly so "exhausted" and "broken hearted" that she cancelled the remaining leg of her Australian tour and checked into Arizona rehab center for almost two weeks.
Singer and actress Selena Gomez poses for photographers during an appearance at the Santa Monica Place mall to promote her new movie "Monte Carlo" in Santa Monica, California June 13, 2011. Gomez was due to make the promotional appearance June 10 but fell ill and was hospitalized for routine tests.
Selena chose to spend some quality time in Dawn at The Meadows recovery facility in Wickenburg, Arizona. The rehab centre helps people deal with emotional and addiction issues. "Selena voluntarily spent time at Meadows but not for substance abuse," Gomez's representative told People. But Perez Hilton added that the 21-year-old pop singer reportedly spent her time at the rehab for substance abuse as Selena was addicted to various drugs at that time. She allegedly partied really hard and got addicted to pot, Xanax and Ambien - a type of sleeping aid, the Web site reports.
"Her friends and family became increasingly worried that there might be a serious problem with Selena. Particularly, her parents. The partying was, at times, wild. They wanted to help her - and they very much encouraged her to go to rehab. Others very close to her also urged her to seek professional help," says a source, according to Perez Hilton.
Selena Gomez's representatives have not confirmed any of this but one just can't help but wonder that early January (the time cited by the Web site as Selena's rehab time) was the time Selena was also spotted getting back with Justin Bieber. Pictures of a very happy Selena Gomez enjoying her time with Justin were splashed over the media early in the said month. Was she just back from rehab at that time or was Justin Bieber convincing Selena to check into a rehab?
After that time, Selena and Justin reportedly had an ugly break-up over the text message exchanges where the latter called the former a "talentless p-ssy." The former Disney star was also reported to be suffering from auto immune disease Lupus at that time. Around second week of January, Selena was then spotted at various media sightings in Sundance festival. Just wondering when did she actually spend two weeks quietly in a rehab away from the watchful eye of the media and fans? What are your views?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage