Auto Expo 2014: Maruti Suzuki Celerio Official Brochure Leaks Hours Before Launch
By greeshma m | February 6, 2014 3:30 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki's next small car in the domestic market is certainly one of the most desired cars in India. Celerio has already made numerous appearances on the web, through leaked images and reports. Now the latest is the leaked brochure of the Celerio, which is slated for a release at the ongoing Auto Expo.
A worker cleans a Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire car as he is being reflected on a car at the company's stock yard at Sanand in Gujarat October 30, 2012.
According to the latest leaked brochure obtained by AutoPortal, Marurti's Celerio will hit the auto market in four trims- LXi, VXi, ZXi and ZXi option. While the LXi and VXi variants will get 5 speed manual transmission or automated manual transmission, the ZXi and ZXi models will be offered with a five speed manual box only.
The LXi variant of Celerio will come with power steering, AC, heater and body colored bumpers, while the middle variant LXi will pack four power windows, painted front grille with chrome lining, manually adjustable ORVMs and full wheel covers, in addition to the features offered in the base Lxi model.
The top variant, ZXi houses a number of additional premium features like audio system with CD, USB, AUX and Bluetooth capability, electrically adjustable mirrors, audio controls on steering wheel, tilt steering, rear window wiper and washer and ABS. The ZXi optional also hosts a slew of features like foglamps, height adjustable driver seat and anti lock braking system.
Under the hood, it packs a 998cc, 3-cylinder, K10B engine, which can churn out a power of 67 bhp at 6,000 rpm and a torque of 9.1 kgm at 3,500 rpm. The company claims that Celerio will give a fuel efficiency of 23.1 km per litre.
Maruti has already started accepting bookings for its new Celerio in India. The buzz around the auto world is that Celerio will be competitively in the market, which is heating up by the day. If rumours are to be believed, Maruti Celerio would become the cheapest automatic offering in the country.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Hungry Jack’s Joins McDonald’s Australia Monopoly Campaign With McOpoly Promo
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Surge Expected Soon as Analysts Predict iPhone Opening Weekend Sales
- Furore Over Facebook Mark Zuckerberg $10m Fortress In San Francisco
- Alibaba Sells Extra Shares; IPO Raises $25B, Breaks Global Record
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed