10 Unconventional and Un-Cheesy Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day with Your Lover
By Tarun Mazumdar | February 6, 2014 3:23 PM EST
Unconventional is the new sexy this Valentine's in 2014. It is not wrong to say that people cross all limits of being cheesy on Valentine's Day, but this year it can be different. One can go ahead and toss cheesiness out of the window and do something unique, perhaps bizarre. Skip those e-cards, candlelight dinners, chocolate boxes, heart-shaped balloons and try these unconventional tips.
1. Try hiking: There is nothing like an adventurous date. If you and lover belong to the outdoor club then hiking is one of the coolest things to do on Valentine's Day. Trekking through a mountain or walking in the woods can be quite romantic.
2. Go the comedy way: Forget the violin players or a romantic band play music as the lovers dine in the restaurant, instead go to a comedy club and laugh like there is no tomorrow. Ask out the date and head to a restaurant or bar with comedy nights for a funny Valentine's Day experience.
3. Skate boarding or roller skating: Try a different set of wheels this Valentines. Pick the date not in a car or bike, but grab an extra pair of roller skates or a skate board and helmet. One can also enrol for basic skateboarding or roller skating classes to learn the art.
4. Hot yoga for two: Nothing like a steamy and hot Valentine's Day for a couple. Get two yoga mats and enrol for a special hot yoga class for two. It is said that yoga helps in increasing blood flow and enhance the endorphins.
5. Attend a rock or metal concert this Valentine's Day: Why not! The girl and boy headbanging to some really cool heavy metal or death metal songs.
6. Take the date to burlesque show: Up the sexiness by taking the date to a burlesque show. The perfomers appear in killer costumes like long gloves, feather boas and pasties.
7. Bowling: It may not be the perfect idea for a romantic Valentine's Day date, but it's all about doing the unconventional this time.
8. Video game parlour date: A game of Tekken or Street Fighter at the local game parlour is quite cool.
9. Wrestle with me, love: This Valentine's Day put on the boxing gloves and the ring (boxing) becomes the venue for the date. Wrestle with the partner but be gentle. Note: Things might hot up in the bed after a good wrestling match!
10. Treasure Hunt on Valentine's Day: Design a treasure hunt with sexy clues and winner gets to do anything (yes, anything).
Try these unconventional tips and comment the experiences.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’