NBA Preview: Chicago Bulls vs. Golden State Warriors Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | February 6, 2014 3:14 PM EST
The Golden State Warriors are searching for answers after recent struggles. On Thursday, they host the Chicago Bulls also looking for consistency at this point of the season.
Warriors head coach Mark Jackson points to better composure even when they are trailing in the game.
NBA: Portland Trail Blazers at Golden State Warriors
"We are just not playing at a high level when we miss shots. We are too good of a basketball team and have come too far along in the process. That's the disappointing part. We have to get it back and we will,” said Jackson, who led the team to a successful run last year, reported NBA.COM.
Golden State was just 9-6 in January and they started February with an embarrassing home loss to the Charlotte Bobcats, 91-75. The Warriors shot only 31.2 per cent (29/93 FGs) from the field while allowing Bobcats center Al Jefferson to own the paint with 30 points and 15 rebounds.
They’ll need to do a better job defending the paint against a Bulls squad which has Joakim Noah, Carlos Boozer and Taj Gibson at their disposal. Both Noah (14 points and 14 rebounds) and Boozer (19 points and 12 rebounds) had double-doubles in their last game, a 101-92 win over the Phoenix Suns. Gibson had 8 points, 6 rebounds and 2 blocked shots.
"You could have used an excuse if you chose to do so, but that's what I love about the team," said Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau "They come out and they're going to fight. They picked themselves up and did it together."
The Bulls were coming off back-to-back losses to New Orleans, 88-79 and Sacramento, 99-70 before the bounce back win versus the Suns.
Golden State is 11-3 in their last 14 games vs. Chicago although the latter has won the last two games.
Betting Lines: Chicago Bulls (+8) vs. Golden State Warriors (O/U: 191.0)
Game time: 1:30 pm AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Chicago Bulls Trends
- The Bulls are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 games on the road
- The Bulls are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games vs. West teams
- The Bulls are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after a win
Golden State Warriors Trends
- The Warriors are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games at home
- The Warriors are 3-9 ATS in their last 12 games
- The Warriors are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games vs. East teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- Raining Discounts: $100 Price Cut on Moto X; LG G3 Available for $100 On-Contract; Sony Xperia Z2 on Release Date Gets $50 Price Cut (U.S.)