NBA Preview: Chicago Bulls vs. Golden State Warriors Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | February 6, 2014 3:14 PM EST
The Golden State Warriors are searching for answers after recent struggles. On Thursday, they host the Chicago Bulls also looking for consistency at this point of the season.
Warriors head coach Mark Jackson points to better composure even when they are trailing in the game.
NBA: Portland Trail Blazers at Golden State Warriors
"We are just not playing at a high level when we miss shots. We are too good of a basketball team and have come too far along in the process. That's the disappointing part. We have to get it back and we will,” said Jackson, who led the team to a successful run last year, reported NBA.COM.
Golden State was just 9-6 in January and they started February with an embarrassing home loss to the Charlotte Bobcats, 91-75. The Warriors shot only 31.2 per cent (29/93 FGs) from the field while allowing Bobcats center Al Jefferson to own the paint with 30 points and 15 rebounds.
They’ll need to do a better job defending the paint against a Bulls squad which has Joakim Noah, Carlos Boozer and Taj Gibson at their disposal. Both Noah (14 points and 14 rebounds) and Boozer (19 points and 12 rebounds) had double-doubles in their last game, a 101-92 win over the Phoenix Suns. Gibson had 8 points, 6 rebounds and 2 blocked shots.
"You could have used an excuse if you chose to do so, but that's what I love about the team," said Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau "They come out and they're going to fight. They picked themselves up and did it together."
The Bulls were coming off back-to-back losses to New Orleans, 88-79 and Sacramento, 99-70 before the bounce back win versus the Suns.
Golden State is 11-3 in their last 14 games vs. Chicago although the latter has won the last two games.
Betting Lines: Chicago Bulls (+8) vs. Golden State Warriors (O/U: 191.0)
Game time: 1:30 pm AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Chicago Bulls Trends
- The Bulls are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 games on the road
- The Bulls are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games vs. West teams
- The Bulls are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after a win
Golden State Warriors Trends
- The Warriors are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games at home
- The Warriors are 3-9 ATS in their last 12 games
- The Warriors are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games vs. East teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- Manny Pacquiao Calls Out On Floyd Mayweather Jr. Again After Unbeaten Boxer Mocks Him With His KO Video
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Phil Hughes No More: Australian Batsman Dies at 25
- 2014 NFL Thanksgiving Games Results: Detroit Lions, Philadelphia Eagles, Seattle Seahawks Notch All-Important Wins With Major Postseason Implications
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report