NBA Preview: Chicago Bulls vs. Golden State Warriors Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | February 6, 2014 3:14 PM EST
The Golden State Warriors are searching for answers after recent struggles. On Thursday, they host the Chicago Bulls also looking for consistency at this point of the season.
Warriors head coach Mark Jackson points to better composure even when they are trailing in the game.
NBA: Portland Trail Blazers at Golden State Warriors
"We are just not playing at a high level when we miss shots. We are too good of a basketball team and have come too far along in the process. That's the disappointing part. We have to get it back and we will,” said Jackson, who led the team to a successful run last year, reported NBA.COM.
Golden State was just 9-6 in January and they started February with an embarrassing home loss to the Charlotte Bobcats, 91-75. The Warriors shot only 31.2 per cent (29/93 FGs) from the field while allowing Bobcats center Al Jefferson to own the paint with 30 points and 15 rebounds.
They’ll need to do a better job defending the paint against a Bulls squad which has Joakim Noah, Carlos Boozer and Taj Gibson at their disposal. Both Noah (14 points and 14 rebounds) and Boozer (19 points and 12 rebounds) had double-doubles in their last game, a 101-92 win over the Phoenix Suns. Gibson had 8 points, 6 rebounds and 2 blocked shots.
"You could have used an excuse if you chose to do so, but that's what I love about the team," said Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau "They come out and they're going to fight. They picked themselves up and did it together."
The Bulls were coming off back-to-back losses to New Orleans, 88-79 and Sacramento, 99-70 before the bounce back win versus the Suns.
Golden State is 11-3 in their last 14 games vs. Chicago although the latter has won the last two games.
Betting Lines: Chicago Bulls (+8) vs. Golden State Warriors (O/U: 191.0)
Game time: 1:30 pm AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Chicago Bulls Trends
- The Bulls are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 games on the road
- The Bulls are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games vs. West teams
- The Bulls are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after a win
Golden State Warriors Trends
- The Warriors are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games at home
- The Warriors are 3-9 ATS in their last 12 games
- The Warriors are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games vs. East teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance