Boxing News: Pacquiao Vows in 'Full Attack' Against Bradley
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 6, 2014 3:07 PM EST
Manny Pacquiao has already fired a warning shot toward the camp of Timothy Bradley Jr. as they prepare for their second meeting inside the ring on April 12 at MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao attends a training session at the Venetian Macao hotel in Macau
Pacquiao, who is looking to avenge his loss to Bradley in a controversial bout in 2012, promised everybody to show his old fiery self against the undefeated American fighter this time around.
"'I remember last time believing that I won the first fight against Tim Bradley; I thought I was leading after every round,' Pacquiao said during the press-conference, wrote the Daily Mail. 'I thought I won the fight easily, I controlled the fight every round.
'I had a feeling in training camp that he would run from me once he felt my power and he did ... after the third or fourth round. To be honest, I wasn't as motivated when I was training for our first fight. I guess I didn't take him seriously enough," he added.
Pacquiao stressed that he's not going to back away from Bradley, vowing to swarm his opponent with a barrage of power shots. Pacman said his speed and power are going to be his advantage against one of the purist boxers in the business.
'The only way Bradley can beat me this time is to knock me out. He cannot outbox me, I will be the aggressor," said Pacquiao, who is coming off a 12-round unanimous decision win over Brandon Rios.
"I will throw a lot of punches at him - more than I threw against [Brandon] Rios - and I will land them. Last time I was too nice. This time, I will finish what I start.' Pacquiao did admit that he was impressed with Bradley's subsequent victories over Juan Manuel Marquez and Ruslan Provodnikov," he added.
On the other hand, Bradley believed he's going to win one more time against Pacquiao because of his desire to prove he's the best in the sport right now.
"Boxing has always been fun for me but this time the fun is secondary. This is a mission to prove I am the best.' Bradley, however, insists he is not intimated by the Filipino great," said Bradley, who defeated Ruslan Provodnikov and Juan Manuel Marquez in 2013.
"This is all about redemption,' he said 'I need Manny; he needs me. I'm going to beat him again. I am younger and a better fighter. Manny fights for the money, I have the hunger to win," he added.
For more Pacquiao vs. Bradley, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?