Family Fights Over Property of Natalie Wood, the Woman Found Dead in Sydney Home for 8 Long Years
By Christine Lazaro | February 6, 2014 2:43 PM EST
Natalie Jean Wood was known to be the forgotten woman of Sydney after her dead body was found lying inside her home for eight long years. However, now that her million dollar estate is up for grabs, twelve long lost cousins have finally remembered to show up.
During the low profile funeral of Ms Wood, it was her 83-year-old cousin John Newlyn who attended. According to Daily Telegraph, the forgotten woman was not able to leave a will so as to know who will inherit her property in Surry Hills. Not to mention her whopping bank account figure of $79,270.40. Another relative who paid respects to the dead was her sister-in-law Enid Davis before Ms Wood's remains were finally cremated.
Mr Newlyn added that her relatives only discovered her passing away via various media news reports. He said that Ms Wood had nine cousins still on her dad's side while three cousins from her mother's side. Mr Newlyn thinks that the remaining cousins may be interested in the money they can get from the estate which is already worth $800,000 in the market today.
Natalie Wood, the Forgotten Lady of Sydney
It was in July 2011, the police authorities found her dead body by her bed. It was a month before she turned 87. When she was found, she was close to being a skeleton along with her bright pink dentures. Her bones were described as smelly while canned products in her kitchen were already expired.
It remained such a boggling question as to why she was not missed by others for the past eight years, that she has been dead inside her apartment. Stuff.co.nz also wrote that even when she lived in an inner city stretch that is always busy, no one really knew that she existed. One guy, who lived beside her home shared that he always thought the house was "derelict."
Ms Wood was last seen alive on December 30, 2003 when she bought some prescription pills for her blood pressure problem. It was reported too that she had been turning down recommendations of her settling for care and home assistance.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Fears Cause Hysteria In United States And Around The World
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess All Smiles In First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Baby Corpses Found in Storage Locker in Canada
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- ISIS Taking U.S.-Airdropped Weapons An 'Embarrassment'; Another Yazidi Massacre Looming [VIDEO]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop