Family Fights Over Property of Natalie Wood, the Woman Found Dead in Sydney Home for 8 Long Years
By Christine Lazaro | February 6, 2014 2:43 PM EST
Natalie Jean Wood was known to be the forgotten woman of Sydney after her dead body was found lying inside her home for eight long years. However, now that her million dollar estate is up for grabs, twelve long lost cousins have finally remembered to show up.
During the low profile funeral of Ms Wood, it was her 83-year-old cousin John Newlyn who attended. According to Daily Telegraph, the forgotten woman was not able to leave a will so as to know who will inherit her property in Surry Hills. Not to mention her whopping bank account figure of $79,270.40. Another relative who paid respects to the dead was her sister-in-law Enid Davis before Ms Wood's remains were finally cremated.
Mr Newlyn added that her relatives only discovered her passing away via various media news reports. He said that Ms Wood had nine cousins still on her dad's side while three cousins from her mother's side. Mr Newlyn thinks that the remaining cousins may be interested in the money they can get from the estate which is already worth $800,000 in the market today.
Natalie Wood, the Forgotten Lady of Sydney
It was in July 2011, the police authorities found her dead body by her bed. It was a month before she turned 87. When she was found, she was close to being a skeleton along with her bright pink dentures. Her bones were described as smelly while canned products in her kitchen were already expired.
It remained such a boggling question as to why she was not missed by others for the past eight years, that she has been dead inside her apartment. Stuff.co.nz also wrote that even when she lived in an inner city stretch that is always busy, no one really knew that she existed. One guy, who lived beside her home shared that he always thought the house was "derelict."
Ms Wood was last seen alive on December 30, 2003 when she bought some prescription pills for her blood pressure problem. It was reported too that she had been turning down recommendations of her settling for care and home assistance.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy:Camilla And Princess Eugenie Reportedly Jealous, Claimed Duchess Only Good At Making Babies
- New Zealand Scientists Dissect Well-Preserved Female Colossal Squid [VIDEO]
- This Model Thinks She Is A Bombshell After Plastic Surgery Costing £30,000 Makes Her Look Like A Sex Toy
- Modern Forensic Science Reveals Evidence Of Brutal Killing Of King Richard III
- Avril Lavigne And Husband Chad Kroeger Call It Quits
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- Australian Liberals Urge Expat Kiwis To Favour John Key In New Zealand Election