Galaxy S5 Release Update: Galaxy S5 Active And Galaxy S5 Zoom Undergoing Testing
By Karla Danica Figuerres | February 6, 2014 2:06 PM EST
With the upcoming release of Samsung Galaxy S5 in the coming weeks, it appears that we might get more than the next flagship smartphone from Samsung. It is reported the Korean tech giant plans to launch multiple versions of Galaxy S5 similar to Galaxy S4.
On its launch date, Galaxy S5 is expected to roll out Galaxy S5 Active and Galaxy S5 Zoom. But Samsung releasing at least three versions of Galaxy S5 in 2014 is no longer a surprise. Galaxy S4 had Galaxy S4 Zoom and Galaxy S4 Active, the latter being a more rugged version and the former focusing on the camera specs.
Galaxy S5 Active
The Korean Web site ETNews reported the existence of Galaxy S5 Active claiming it has reliable sources who confirmed the device.
Similar to its predecessor, Galaxy S5 Active is expected to be as rugged with water and dust-proof features. Also, it appears the Korean tech giant is counting on Galaxy S5 Active to make up 20 percent to 30 percent of Galaxy S5 sales worldwide.
The same report revealed Galaxy S4 Active made up only 4 percent of Galaxy S4 sales so the cited figures will be a huge jump if these predictions will be true.
Galaxy S5 Zoom
Galaxy S4 Zoom came with the model numbers SM-C101 and SM-C105, which meant the SM-C115 has a high chance of being Galaxy S5 Zoom. The shipping listing did not mention the details of Galaxy S5 Zoom but Sam Mobile reported the display is about 4.8 inches with QHD 960 x 540 resolution.
Nothing has been confirmed yet and an official announcement is expected a few weeks after Galaxy S5 hits the shelves sometime in May.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes