4 Confirmed Specs on iPhone 6 June 2014 Release Date: 5.5-Inch Screen, 64-Bit A8 Chip, 128GB Storage & iOS 7.2
By Erik Pineda | February 6, 2014 2:01 PM EST
More voices were added to the snowballing iPhone 6 discourse, its 2014 release date supposedly gaining more ground as a new render and fresh details defining the hotly-anticipated handset came out.
According to Oled-Display.net, reports from South Korea indicated that the next iPhone is all prepped up to deliver most of the killer features that have been attributed to it since 2013. The specs leaked out are pitted in a chart with the supposed features of the Galaxy S5, which will be the toughest Android foe that the iPhone 6 will face this year.
The source, the tech site said, is credible enough as its forecast on the first iPad Mini was spot on.
To date, whispers are aplenty on what features will be packed with the iPhone 6 on launch date but listed below are four exciting iOS device capabilities that will confirmation very soon:
Larger iPhone screen
What excites the most about the iPhone 6 is the likelihood that Apple will finally embrace the phablet fever and push out the next iPhone bearing wider and taller screen, improving from the already cramp 4-inch iPhone 5S screen.
Pointing to KDB-Daewoo Securities Research as source, Oled-Display claimed that iPhone fans can expect the 5S replacement to sport a panel that stretches from 4.7-inch to 5.5-inch. The screen span will easily make the iPhone 6 a solid phablet contender, taking on the behemoths coming from Samsung, LG, Sony, HTC and even Nokia.
A8 chip in 64-bit
Having a 64-bit processing chip under its belly is already a given for the upcoming iPhone, the hardware already humming on the existing model. The only question is: Will A7 stick around, merely enhanced a bit, or A8 will enter the picture as earlier implied in various reports?
A8 is the power behind the iPhone 6, said the same Oled-Display.net report, and as expected it will be governed by new set of instructions - that is the more advanced and faster 64-bit mobile computing standard.
128GB built-in memory
That the iPhone is without a memory expansion slot is a perennial complaint coming from many Apple fans. Such gripe will be a thing of the past once the iPhone 6 hits the market this year as the likelihood is high that a 128GB model will be made available this year.
This assertion is supported by the fact that Apple has introduced 128GB storage capacity with the iPad 4, iPad Air and iPad Mini 2. So it is very possible for the iPhone 6 to flash the same capacious digital locker.
Apple is fully aware that iPhone owners use their handsets for multiple purposes and giving these loyal fans more than sufficient space to store their electronic files is the best bonus that will be attached with the upcoming device.
No iOS 8, for now
Ming-chi Kuo of KGI Securities predicted in his latest research note that Apple will not pack the iPhone 6 with the anticipated iOS 8. Instead, the current iOS 7, now on build 7.0.5 and soon to update on 7.1, will be bumped up to 7.2. KDB-Daewoo analysts seem to agree with this forecast.
So it looks like that iOS 8 will not debut with the iPhone 6 release date, an event that is likely reserved for the 2014 iPads, which Oled-Display said will take place between June and September 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports