HP Chromebook 11 Lands Down Under
By Athena Yenko | February 6, 2014 11:48 AM EST
Google is proud to announce that its HP Chromebook 11 is now available at Australian retailers for AU$399.
Caesar Sengupta, vice president of product management for Chromebooks, boasts that the Chromebook 11 will satisfy its busy owners with its 6 hours of battery life, neat edges with "nothing digs into your wrists while you type."
At first impression, it is like a tablet with a keyboard rather than a touchscreen.
Hopefully, its Australian launch will not be as troublesome as its US launch in October 2013 when users were reportedly disappointed by its overheating power adapter. Its manufacturer, HP, had to make a product recall to fix the issue.
- Gmail Offline and Google Docs to allow users working offline
- 100 GB of Google Drive cloud storage for free for 2 years
- Slim and light at 297 x 192 x 17.6 mm; weighs 1.04 kg, with lightweight magnesium chassis
- Powered by a Samsung Exynos 5 Dual dual-core mobile processor, with 2 GB DDR3 RAM and a 16 GB SSD
- 11.6-inch display has a resolution of 1,366 x 768 pixels with a 176-degree wide viewing angle and 16:9 ratio
- Speakers are placed under the keyboard, two USB 2.0 ports and a micro USB port for charging as well as SlimPort video out
According to a November report from IDC, chromebooks only made 1 per cent of all notebook sales in the U.S.
However, by December, figures released by NPD Group shows a drastic increase of users switching to chromebooks reaching to 21 per cent in just a matter of a month.
"The market for personal computing devices in commercial markets continues to shift and change. New products like Chromebooks, and re-imagined items like Windows tablets, are now supplementing the revitalisation that iPads started in personal computing devices. It is no accident that we are seeing the fruits of this change in the commercial markets as business and institutional buyers exploit the flexibility inherent in the new range of choices now open to them. " said Stephen Baker, NPD vice president of industry analysis.
With any luck, Chromebook 11 might perform just as impressive in the Australian market.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China