NBA Preview: Miami Heat vs. Los Angeles Clippers [Live Streaming Info}
By James Patrick Quizon | February 6, 2014 10:54 AM EST
The Los Angeles Clippers are starting to feel the absence of their star point guard, while the Miami Heat continue to rely on their bevy of superstars. Both teams take the court on Wednesday night in one of the marquee match-ups of the day.
NBA: Detroit Pistons at Miami Heat
The Clippers have lost two of their last three games. The pair of losses came via different ways but both were similarly painful nonetheless.
Los Angeles lost to the Golden State Warriors via a 111-92 blowout on Thursday and got beat via a wild buzzer beater versus the Denver Nuggets losing with a score of 116-115 in their last outing.
Blake Griffin has stepped up since Chris Paul’s injury and finished with 36 points and 11 rebounds in the Denver loss. DeAndre Jordan had 19 points and 12 rebounds, while Jamal Crawford scored 19 points (5/8 FGs) off the bench.
The Heat have bounced back from a disappointing home effort against the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday, winning back-to-back against the New York Knicks, 106-91, and Detroit Pistons, 102-96. Dwyane Wade had one of his better performances of the season finishing with 30 points (13/19 FGs) against Detroit. LeBron James flirted with a triple-double with 24 points, 8 rebounds and 11 assists.
The Clips are 2nd in the league in scoring (106.1 PPG) while the Heat are 8th at 104.1 PPG so a high-scoring affair can be expected.
Watch the Heat vs. Clippers via NBA League Pass.
Betting Lines: Miami Heat (+2) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (O/U: 208.5)
Game time: 11:00 a.m. AEDT
Miami Heat Trends
- The Heat are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games
- The Heat are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games vs. Pacific division teams
- The Heat are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after a win
Los Angeles Clippers Trends
- The Clippers are 13-3 ATS in their last 16 games after a loss
- The Clippers are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games at home vs. the Heat
- The Clippers are 16-5 ATS in their last 21 games after an ATS loss
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight