NBA Predictions, Betting Odds and Trends: San Antonio Spurs vs. Washington Wizards, Portland Trail Blazers vs. New York Knicks
By James Patrick Quizon | February 6, 2014 10:52 AM EST
Betting Lines: San Antonio Spurs (-1) vs. Washington Wizards (O/U: 194.5)
Game time: 10:00 am AEDT
San Antonio Spurs Trends
- The Spurs are 43-19-1 ATS in their last 63 games vs. East teams
- The Spurs are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games
- The Spurs are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games in Washington
NBA: Washington Wizards at Los Angeles Clippers
Washington Wizards Trends
- The Wizards are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games
- The Wizards are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. West teams
- The Wizards are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 games at home
Prediction: Washington Wizards 100, San Antonio Spurs 94
Bets: Washington ATS, Under
Why Wizards will win: Don’t laugh now but the once erratic and inconsistent Wizards are actually just a near pick ‘em against the Spurs, one of the top teams in the league. Blame the teams’ most recent performances for this rather low betting line.
The Spurs are just 3-5 in their last 8 games, although they have won the last two against lowly teams New Orleans and Sacramento. Meanwhile, Washington is on a roll with surprisingly dominating wins over elite teams Oklahoma City and Portland.
Three in a row against the West’s elite? We are not doubting John Wall now—at least not this week.
Betting Lines: Portland Trail Blazers (-2) vs. New York Knicks (O/U: 207.5)
Game time: 11:00 am AEDT
Portland Trail Blazers Trends
- The Blazers are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games vs. East teams
- The Blazers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games on the road
- The Blazers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games
New York Knicks Trends
- The Knicks are 9-3-1 ATS in their last 13 games vs. the Blazers at home
- The Knicks are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games at home
- The Knicks are 28-13-2 ATS in their 43 games vs. Northwest division teams
Prediction: New York Knicks 110, Portland Trail Blazers 100
Bets: New York ATS, Over
Why the Knicks will win: Yet another strange line all because of recent outings. While the Knicks have lost back-to-back (to Miami and Milwaukee), the Blazers have not fared any better recently going just 1-3 in their last four games including the blowout loss to Washington.
Still the game is at the Madison Square Garden where the Knicks will play better especially against the close loss to the Bucks.
Betting record (year to date): 37-25-2
To contact the editor, e-mail: