Samsung Galaxy S5 Technical Specifications Listed Early by Reliable Web Site Ahead of Release
By Ryan Inoyori | February 6, 2014 10:50 AM EST
One reliable Web site which lists detailed information on a wide of range of smartphone and tablet brands updated its database. This time, Samsung Galaxy S5 has been included. Know the full detailed technical specifications of the upcoming Samsung flagship smartphone.
GSM Arena finally made an entry for Samsung Galaxy S5 based on several data it has collected. However, only a handful of these details have been confirmed by other Web sites tracking the Samsung Galaxy S5.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat is the default running OS version on the Galaxy S5. Samsung is expected to include the updated TouchWiz UI found on PRO editions of larger Galaxy Note and Galaxy Tab. Moreover, the Galaxy S5 supports ANT+, Google-based services, DropBox with 50 GB cloud storage, document viewer and SNS integration.
The device is listed to be run by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 chipset only. But rumours are pointing to two chipset variants. According to AnTuTu benchmark, for SM-G900F Galaxy S5 variant, the processor is clocked at 2.5 GHz but the processor on the device has Snapdragon 800 instead. In addition, it features Adreno 330 graphics chipset and 3 GB of RAM for fast and smooth multitasking.
Nano-SIM is what owners need to use for Galaxy S5 and networks include 2G, 3G and 4G-LTE connectivity. GPRS, EDGE, WLAN and HSDPA are also basics with LTE 50 Mbps upload speed and 150 Mbps download speed.
We can expect default wireless radios such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and NFC. But aside from that, the Galaxy S5 will have DLNA, Wi-Fi direct, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0 low energy, infrared port, USB 2.0 MHL 2 and USB On-the-go support. GPS will have A-GPS and GLONASS support.
For camera lovers, the Galaxy S5 is rumoured to have 16 MP rear and 3.2 MP front cameras. The 16 MP shooter features 4,640 x 3480 pixels, autofocus, dual shot, simultaneous HD video and image recoding, image stabilisation and HDR. It can also record videos with 2,160 p at 30 frames per second with dual video recording capabilities. On the front end, the 3.2-MP camera features 1,080 p video recording at 30 frames per second and dual video call support.
A new rumour revealed 5.24 inches of Super AMOLED display screen with 1,440 x 2,560 resolution and 561 ppi pixel density - possibly one of the highest ever found on smartphones. It supports multi-touch and backed up by Corning Gorilla Glass 3 for extra resilience. Samsung, as usual, will add TouchWiz UI as the main interface, settings and themes of the device.
Internal storage variants may only be available in 32 or 64 GB models with 64 GB microSD card slot support. There is no information regarding evolution of the internal storage to 128 GB on the Galaxy S5.
Many default sensors are returning to support Samsung Galaxy exclusive apps and services such as accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, compass, barometer, temperature, humidity and gesture.
- HTML5 browser support
- Java support via Java MIDP emulator
- Wireless charging but market dependent
- S-Voice commands and dictation
- Smart stay, smart pause, smart scroll
- Air gestures
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- TV-out via MHL 2 audio and video link
- Multiple audio codecs: MP3, WAV, eAAC+, AC3, FLAC
- Multiple video codecs: MP4, DivX, XviD, WMV, H.264, H.263
- Image and video editing tools
- Document viewer for MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF
- Predictive text input - SWYPE like
- Voice memo, dial and commands
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional