Selena Gomez's Two-Week Rehab: 'Struggling with emotional trauma and addiction'
By Diadem Pambid | February 6, 2014 10:28 AM EST
Selena Gomez might seem happy judging from her Instagram posts as of late. Yet, the "Come & Get It" singer had actually suffered a break down last month. Reps of the singer confirmed she had entered rehabilitation for two weeks all because she was suffering from emotional trauma and addiction.
Singer Selena Gomez performs during the 2013 Z100 Jingle Ball in New York December 13, 2013.
Who would have thought that Justin Bieber's ex-girlfriend would enter rehab? Gomez who has a clean slate and has never been caught doing drugs - save for her character Faith in "Spring Breakers," has said to have entered rehab last January for addiction. However, a rep for the singer claimed it was not for substance abuse.
"Selena voluntarily spent time at Meadows but not for substance abuse," says Selena's representative to People.
Gomez was admitted at the Dawn at The Meadows recovery centre at Arizona last January 5. Here the singer spent two weeks of her time. According to Daily Mail, the facility treats people within the age of 18 to 26 who have been "struggling with emotional trauma, addiction or dual diagnosis concerns."
Contrary to the reports made by RadarOnline, the former Disney star did not enter rehab due to her hard-partying habits.
"Her friends and family became increasingly worried that there might be a serious problem with Selena. Particularly, her parents. The partying was, at times, wild. They wanted to help her -- and they very much encouraged her to go to rehab. Others very close to her also urged her to seek professional help."
On the other hand, TMZ claims that Justin Bieber was to blame for his ex-girlfriend's predicament. Yet, fans of Selena Gomez would know that the Canadian crooner was not to blame. In her statement made early last year, Gomez claimed she needed time for herself due to the amount of work she had put first before her and her family.
"My fans are so important to me and I would never want to disappoint them. But it has become clear to me and those close to me that after many years of putting my work first, I need to spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be. To my fans, I sincerely apologize and I hope you guys know how much each and every one of you mean to me," stated Gomez (via abcNews).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People