Selena Gomez's Two-Week Rehab: 'Struggling with emotional trauma and addiction'
By Diadem Pambid | February 6, 2014 10:28 AM EST
Selena Gomez might seem happy judging from her Instagram posts as of late. Yet, the "Come & Get It" singer had actually suffered a break down last month. Reps of the singer confirmed she had entered rehabilitation for two weeks all because she was suffering from emotional trauma and addiction.
Singer Selena Gomez performs during the 2013 Z100 Jingle Ball in New York December 13, 2013.
Who would have thought that Justin Bieber's ex-girlfriend would enter rehab? Gomez who has a clean slate and has never been caught doing drugs - save for her character Faith in "Spring Breakers," has said to have entered rehab last January for addiction. However, a rep for the singer claimed it was not for substance abuse.
"Selena voluntarily spent time at Meadows but not for substance abuse," says Selena's representative to People.
Gomez was admitted at the Dawn at The Meadows recovery centre at Arizona last January 5. Here the singer spent two weeks of her time. According to Daily Mail, the facility treats people within the age of 18 to 26 who have been "struggling with emotional trauma, addiction or dual diagnosis concerns."
Contrary to the reports made by RadarOnline, the former Disney star did not enter rehab due to her hard-partying habits.
"Her friends and family became increasingly worried that there might be a serious problem with Selena. Particularly, her parents. The partying was, at times, wild. They wanted to help her -- and they very much encouraged her to go to rehab. Others very close to her also urged her to seek professional help."
On the other hand, TMZ claims that Justin Bieber was to blame for his ex-girlfriend's predicament. Yet, fans of Selena Gomez would know that the Canadian crooner was not to blame. In her statement made early last year, Gomez claimed she needed time for herself due to the amount of work she had put first before her and her family.
"My fans are so important to me and I would never want to disappoint them. But it has become clear to me and those close to me that after many years of putting my work first, I need to spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be. To my fans, I sincerely apologize and I hope you guys know how much each and every one of you mean to me," stated Gomez (via abcNews).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell