Selena Gomez's Two-Week Rehab: 'Struggling with emotional trauma and addiction'
By Diadem Pambid | February 6, 2014 10:28 AM EST
Selena Gomez might seem happy judging from her Instagram posts as of late. Yet, the "Come & Get It" singer had actually suffered a break down last month. Reps of the singer confirmed she had entered rehabilitation for two weeks all because she was suffering from emotional trauma and addiction.
Singer Selena Gomez performs during the 2013 Z100 Jingle Ball in New York December 13, 2013.
Who would have thought that Justin Bieber's ex-girlfriend would enter rehab? Gomez who has a clean slate and has never been caught doing drugs - save for her character Faith in "Spring Breakers," has said to have entered rehab last January for addiction. However, a rep for the singer claimed it was not for substance abuse.
"Selena voluntarily spent time at Meadows but not for substance abuse," says Selena's representative to People.
Gomez was admitted at the Dawn at The Meadows recovery centre at Arizona last January 5. Here the singer spent two weeks of her time. According to Daily Mail, the facility treats people within the age of 18 to 26 who have been "struggling with emotional trauma, addiction or dual diagnosis concerns."
Contrary to the reports made by RadarOnline, the former Disney star did not enter rehab due to her hard-partying habits.
"Her friends and family became increasingly worried that there might be a serious problem with Selena. Particularly, her parents. The partying was, at times, wild. They wanted to help her -- and they very much encouraged her to go to rehab. Others very close to her also urged her to seek professional help."
On the other hand, TMZ claims that Justin Bieber was to blame for his ex-girlfriend's predicament. Yet, fans of Selena Gomez would know that the Canadian crooner was not to blame. In her statement made early last year, Gomez claimed she needed time for herself due to the amount of work she had put first before her and her family.
"My fans are so important to me and I would never want to disappoint them. But it has become clear to me and those close to me that after many years of putting my work first, I need to spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be. To my fans, I sincerely apologize and I hope you guys know how much each and every one of you mean to me," stated Gomez (via abcNews).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories