A new rumour revealed promising specifications of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S5 which we might see at the Mobile World Congress this year. Interesting new specs include new Super AMOLED, 560 ppi, 3 GB RAM for each model and 16 MP rear camera. Some of these specs have been confirmed as well.
New Rumoured Specs
According to tipster Eldar Murtazin, the Samsung Galaxy S5 will feature a brand new version of Super AMOLED display screen with resolution of 2,560 x 1,440 and pixel density of 560 ppi which is probably the highest among smartphones. In addition, its display screen is stretched of up to 5.24 inches diagonally, 3 GB for plastic and metallic variants whether 16 or 32 GB internal storage, Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 quad-core processor aside from Exynos 6 octa-core, 3.2 MP front-facing camera and 16 MP rear shooter.
However, Mr Murtazin did not specify if the 16 MP rear camera unit features Optical Image Stabilisation module. Most people are asking constantly about OIS as Samsung failed to include it in its previous flagship units. But Mr Murtazin revealed that the smartphone will have 3,200 mAh battery pack. We expect it to have the same Rapid Charging technology found on Galaxy S4 and Note 3.
Any Confirmed Specs?
A tipster confirmed to SamMobile some details of the Galaxy S5 such as the 16 MP camera, performance and processor. Other reports also back up the insider's claims.
1. A camera shot allegedly taken using Samsung SM-G900V has been spotted. The G900 name has been appearing on several benchmarks including AnTuTu. Based on the shot, the benchmark detected 16 MP camera with resolution of 5,312 x 2,988 and f/2.2 aperture and focal length of 4.6 mm.
2. Samsung SM-G900F, another variant, appeared on an AnTuTu benchmark as well. The Web site suspects that it is the Galaxy S5. According to the site's report, the SM-G900F variant is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor with 3 GB RAM. In addition, it is a set of Krait 400 chipsets clocked at 2.5 GHz.
3. Design variants have been confirmed already and the Galaxy S5 will be released in two forms, metallic and plastic. Of course, their prices will differ from one another, with the metallic version being more expensive than the plastic variant.
4. Android 4.4 KitKat is also another confirmed feature which will run the smartphone by default.
5. Models per countries have been confirmed somehow having SM-G900 as its alphanumeric designation. Sam Mobile received information about several models from various territories including China, Europe, Japan and the United States.
6. Processor type on the Galaxy S5 will also come in two variants, similar with the Galaxy S4 - Qualcomm and Exynos.
7. Subtypes of the Galaxy S5 are expected to be released within the year such as S5 Mini and S5 Zoom.
Samsung already scheduled the unpacking event of the Galaxy S5. It will happen on Feb 24 at 20:00 CET at the Mobile World Congress 2014 in Barcelona, Spain.
To contact the editor, e-mail: