Selena Gomez Admits Checking Into Rehab In January; Was It Because Of Justin Bieber?
By Anne Lu | February 6, 2014 6:52 AM EST
Selena Gomez went to rehab in January, and it’s allegedly because of Justin Bieber. The 21-year-old former Disney star’s rep confirmed that she voluntarily sought for treatment, but it’s not for substance abuse.
On January 5, the “Come and Get It” hitmaker was admitted to the Dawn at the Meadows facility in Arizona for two weeks.
As per its Web site, the rehabilitation facility treats alcohol addiction, bipolar disorder, co-dependency, depression, drug addiction, panic/anxiety disorders, PTSD, trauma, and love addiction and avoidance.
“Selena voluntarily spent time at Meadows but not for substance abuse,” her camp said in a statement. No specific reason for her admittance was given.
TMZ sources said that Selena went to rehab for exactly that: substance abuse. Apparently, it was “a combination of problems, including alcohol, pot and prescription Ambien.”
There’s also one thing that she was addicted to: a 19-year-old Canadian named Justin Bieber.
Selena’s decision was reportedly largely based on “that crazy boy,” and that she blames a lot of problems on the excesses she was exposed to by being around Justin and his entourage.
When her camp found out that she was hanging out with Justin again, they demanded that she check into rehab immediately. The last straw was apparently a photo of her riding on a Segway with the singer.
Selena cancelled her Australian tour for 2014 without giving specific reason as well.
She just said in a statement, “My fans are so important to me and I would never want to disappoint them. But it has become clear to me and those close to me that after many years of putting my work first, I need to spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be. To my fans, I sincerely apologise and I hope you guys know how much each and every one of you mean to me.”
At that time, it was speculated that the reason for her tour cancellation is because she was suffering from lupus, which she was apparently diagnosed with about two years ago.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015