Selena Gomez Admits Checking Into Rehab In January; Was It Because Of Justin Bieber?
By Anne Lu | February 6, 2014 6:52 AM EST
Selena Gomez went to rehab in January, and it’s allegedly because of Justin Bieber. The 21-year-old former Disney star’s rep confirmed that she voluntarily sought for treatment, but it’s not for substance abuse.
On January 5, the “Come and Get It” hitmaker was admitted to the Dawn at the Meadows facility in Arizona for two weeks.
As per its Web site, the rehabilitation facility treats alcohol addiction, bipolar disorder, co-dependency, depression, drug addiction, panic/anxiety disorders, PTSD, trauma, and love addiction and avoidance.
“Selena voluntarily spent time at Meadows but not for substance abuse,” her camp said in a statement. No specific reason for her admittance was given.
TMZ sources said that Selena went to rehab for exactly that: substance abuse. Apparently, it was “a combination of problems, including alcohol, pot and prescription Ambien.”
There’s also one thing that she was addicted to: a 19-year-old Canadian named Justin Bieber.
Selena’s decision was reportedly largely based on “that crazy boy,” and that she blames a lot of problems on the excesses she was exposed to by being around Justin and his entourage.
When her camp found out that she was hanging out with Justin again, they demanded that she check into rehab immediately. The last straw was apparently a photo of her riding on a Segway with the singer.
Selena cancelled her Australian tour for 2014 without giving specific reason as well.
She just said in a statement, “My fans are so important to me and I would never want to disappoint them. But it has become clear to me and those close to me that after many years of putting my work first, I need to spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be. To my fans, I sincerely apologise and I hope you guys know how much each and every one of you mean to me.”
At that time, it was speculated that the reason for her tour cancellation is because she was suffering from lupus, which she was apparently diagnosed with about two years ago.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate