Selena Gomez Admits Checking Into Rehab In January; Was It Because Of Justin Bieber?
By Anne Lu | February 6, 2014 6:52 AM EST
Selena Gomez went to rehab in January, and it’s allegedly because of Justin Bieber. The 21-year-old former Disney star’s rep confirmed that she voluntarily sought for treatment, but it’s not for substance abuse.
On January 5, the “Come and Get It” hitmaker was admitted to the Dawn at the Meadows facility in Arizona for two weeks.
As per its Web site, the rehabilitation facility treats alcohol addiction, bipolar disorder, co-dependency, depression, drug addiction, panic/anxiety disorders, PTSD, trauma, and love addiction and avoidance.
“Selena voluntarily spent time at Meadows but not for substance abuse,” her camp said in a statement. No specific reason for her admittance was given.
TMZ sources said that Selena went to rehab for exactly that: substance abuse. Apparently, it was “a combination of problems, including alcohol, pot and prescription Ambien.”
There’s also one thing that she was addicted to: a 19-year-old Canadian named Justin Bieber.
Selena’s decision was reportedly largely based on “that crazy boy,” and that she blames a lot of problems on the excesses she was exposed to by being around Justin and his entourage.
When her camp found out that she was hanging out with Justin again, they demanded that she check into rehab immediately. The last straw was apparently a photo of her riding on a Segway with the singer.
Selena cancelled her Australian tour for 2014 without giving specific reason as well.
She just said in a statement, “My fans are so important to me and I would never want to disappoint them. But it has become clear to me and those close to me that after many years of putting my work first, I need to spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be. To my fans, I sincerely apologise and I hope you guys know how much each and every one of you mean to me.”
At that time, it was speculated that the reason for her tour cancellation is because she was suffering from lupus, which she was apparently diagnosed with about two years ago.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown