Selena Gomez Admits Checking Into Rehab In January; Was It Because Of Justin Bieber?
By Anne Lu | February 6, 2014 6:52 AM EST
Selena Gomez went to rehab in January, and it’s allegedly because of Justin Bieber. The 21-year-old former Disney star’s rep confirmed that she voluntarily sought for treatment, but it’s not for substance abuse.
On January 5, the “Come and Get It” hitmaker was admitted to the Dawn at the Meadows facility in Arizona for two weeks.
As per its Web site, the rehabilitation facility treats alcohol addiction, bipolar disorder, co-dependency, depression, drug addiction, panic/anxiety disorders, PTSD, trauma, and love addiction and avoidance.
“Selena voluntarily spent time at Meadows but not for substance abuse,” her camp said in a statement. No specific reason for her admittance was given.
TMZ sources said that Selena went to rehab for exactly that: substance abuse. Apparently, it was “a combination of problems, including alcohol, pot and prescription Ambien.”
There’s also one thing that she was addicted to: a 19-year-old Canadian named Justin Bieber.
Selena’s decision was reportedly largely based on “that crazy boy,” and that she blames a lot of problems on the excesses she was exposed to by being around Justin and his entourage.
When her camp found out that she was hanging out with Justin again, they demanded that she check into rehab immediately. The last straw was apparently a photo of her riding on a Segway with the singer.
Selena cancelled her Australian tour for 2014 without giving specific reason as well.
She just said in a statement, “My fans are so important to me and I would never want to disappoint them. But it has become clear to me and those close to me that after many years of putting my work first, I need to spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be. To my fans, I sincerely apologise and I hope you guys know how much each and every one of you mean to me.”
At that time, it was speculated that the reason for her tour cancellation is because she was suffering from lupus, which she was apparently diagnosed with about two years ago.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report