Selena Gomez Admits Checking Into Rehab In January; Was It Because Of Justin Bieber?
By Anne Lu | February 6, 2014 6:52 AM EST
Selena Gomez went to rehab in January, and it’s allegedly because of Justin Bieber. The 21-year-old former Disney star’s rep confirmed that she voluntarily sought for treatment, but it’s not for substance abuse.
On January 5, the “Come and Get It” hitmaker was admitted to the Dawn at the Meadows facility in Arizona for two weeks.
As per its Web site, the rehabilitation facility treats alcohol addiction, bipolar disorder, co-dependency, depression, drug addiction, panic/anxiety disorders, PTSD, trauma, and love addiction and avoidance.
“Selena voluntarily spent time at Meadows but not for substance abuse,” her camp said in a statement. No specific reason for her admittance was given.
TMZ sources said that Selena went to rehab for exactly that: substance abuse. Apparently, it was “a combination of problems, including alcohol, pot and prescription Ambien.”
There’s also one thing that she was addicted to: a 19-year-old Canadian named Justin Bieber.
Selena’s decision was reportedly largely based on “that crazy boy,” and that she blames a lot of problems on the excesses she was exposed to by being around Justin and his entourage.
When her camp found out that she was hanging out with Justin again, they demanded that she check into rehab immediately. The last straw was apparently a photo of her riding on a Segway with the singer.
Selena cancelled her Australian tour for 2014 without giving specific reason as well.
She just said in a statement, “My fans are so important to me and I would never want to disappoint them. But it has become clear to me and those close to me that after many years of putting my work first, I need to spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be. To my fans, I sincerely apologise and I hope you guys know how much each and every one of you mean to me.”
At that time, it was speculated that the reason for her tour cancellation is because she was suffering from lupus, which she was apparently diagnosed with about two years ago.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand
- New Zealand Medicine Products Sector To Get Own Regulator::Drops Plan For A Joint Regulator With Australia
- Canada's Ontario Students Score High Rank In Global Survey Of Computer Skills