Moses Farrow Denies Sister Dylan’s Sexual Abuse Claims Against Woody Allen
By Anne Lu | February 6, 2014 2:50 AM EST
Moses Farrow says his adoptive dad, Woody Allen, did not molest his sister, contrary to Dylan Farrow’s claims. The 36-year-old family therapist blames their mother, Mia Farrow, for poisoning Dylan’s mind, even accusing her of beating them as a child. Dylan insists on her story, adding that Moses is now “dead to me.”
Allen has always denied the accusation, saying Mia planted the ugly fantasy to their daughter’s mind to get back at him for marrying Soon-Yi Previn, her adopted daughter with ex-husband Andre Previn.
It should be noted that the charges were inconclusive, and were therefore never proven. The appellate court’s finding in 1994 remarked, though, that an abuse did occur and that there was no basis for the claims that Mia fabricated the allegations.
Ronan Farrow, Mia’s only biological son and whose father was originally known to be Allen, has been very vocal about his hatred for Allen. He has supported Dylan’s claims against their father.
On Wednesday, another brother has spoken up about the abuse. This time, it’s in defence of Allen.
Moses told People magazine exclusively that it was their mother, Mia, who was actually the antagonist in this unresolved family drama, saying that Mia just wanted revenge after Allen married Soon-Yi.
“Of course Woody did not molest my sister,” Moses told the magazine, which noted that he is estranged from Mia and many of his siblings, and is close to Allen and Soon-Yi.
“She loved him and looked forward to seeing him when he would visit. She never hid from him until our mother succeeded in creating the atmosphere of fear and hate towards him. The day in question, there were six or seven of us in the house. We were all in public rooms and no one, not my father or sister, was off in any private spaces.
“My mother was conveniently out shopping. I don’t know if my sister really believes she was molested or is trying to please her mother. Pleasing my mother was very powerful motivation because to be on her wrong side was horrible.”
He continued, “My mother drummed it into me to hate my father for tearing apart the family and sexually molesting my sister. And I hated him for her for years. I see now that this was a vengeful way to pay him back for falling in love with Soon-Yi.”
According to him, Mia was the abuser, not Allen.
“Our mother has misled the public into believing it was a happy household of both biological and adopted children. From an early age, my mother demanded obedience and I was often hit as a child. She went into unbridled rages if we angered her, which was intimidating at the very least and often horrifying, leaving us not knowing what she would do,” Moses claimed.
To which, Dylan countered, “I don’t know where he gets this about getting beaten. We were sent to our rooms sometimes.”
She added, “I will not see my family dragged down like this. I can’t stay silent when my family needs me and I will not abandon them like Soon-Yi and Moses. My brother is dead to me. My mother is so brave and so courageous and taught me what it means to be strong and brave and tell the truth even in the ae of these monstrous lies.”
When Allen lost the custody of their children to Mia, Moses deliberately chose not to have any contact with him. It’s not clear when did Moses become estranged from Mia and take Allen’s side.
Dylan, who has changed names since, told People in response to Moses’ interview, “This is such a betrayal to me and my whole family. My memories are the truth and they are mine and I will live with that for the rest of my life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Comic-Con Teaser Trailer In Animation [Watch Video]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch