Copa Del Rey Semifinals Where to Watch Live: Barcelona vs Real Sociedad Live Streaming Information
By Vishnuprasad Pillai | February 6, 2014 1:16 AM EST
Barcelona will be keen to return to winning ways, when they host Real Sociedad in the first leg of the Copa del Rey semifinal tonight.
Barcelona's Lionel Messi
Where to Watch Live
The match is scheduled for a 9pm GMT (2.30am IST) start, with Ten Action and Ten HD providing live coverage in India. US viewers can live stream the game HERE. North Africa and Middle East viewers can catch all the action live HERE.
The Catalans finally lost the top spot in La Liga to Atletico Madrid at the weekend, courtesy of their shock 2-3 defeat to mid-table Valencia at Camp Nou. Tata Martino's men are now three points below new leaders Atletico and level with archrivals Real Madrid.
Barca have not had the best run of results since the turn of the year and have now dropped seven points in the league already in 2014. Talisman Lionel Messi ended a rare 10-hour goal drought against Valencia but the Blaugrana know they need to improve their performance considerably, if they are to defend their league title.
The Catalans, however, have been dominant in the Copa so far this season, beating La Liga sides Levante 9-2 and Getafe 6-0 on aggregate in the previous rounds. And they will now be determined to build on that form tonight and use it as a springboard to bounce back from their La Liga woes.
Sociedad, on the other hand, are sixth in the Liga, seven points behind the last Champions League spot. They got hammered 4-0 by the high-flying Atletico at the weekend, though they were unbeaten four games prior to that, winning three.
Jagoba Arrasate's men were beaten 4-1 by Barca at Camp Nou, when the two sides met in the league back in September. Sociedad will be aware of the size of the challenge they have ahead of them but after seeing Valencia do the near-impossible at the weekend, they will fancy their chances tonight.
Barcelona: Neymar (ankle) remains sidelined for the Catalans. Otherwise, Martino has a full squad to choose from.
Sociedad: Arrasate has no injury or suspension concerns. January signing Sergio Canales could make an appearance at some stage tonight.
Expected lineups: Barcelona: Pinto; Adriano, Bartra, Mascherano, Alba; Song, Xavi, Iniesta; Tello, Messi, Pedro
Sociedad: Zubikarai; Zaldua, Inigo, Mikel, Angel; Elustondo, Ros; Vela, Prieto, Castro; Seferovic
Prediction: 3-1 to Barca
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports