Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Date Nears: Unpacked 5 Referring to Next-Generation Smartphone?
By Raymond Ronamai | February 6, 2014 12:51 AM EST
Samsung Electronics has dropped a bomb by sending out a press invite that reads "Unpacked 5", making many believe that it's about the launch of Galaxy S5.
Samsung fans residing in other corners of the world need not feel disheartened to miss the unveiling program as South Korean will be streaming live webcast of the event online.
The South Korean electronics giant has announced that "Samsung Unpacked 2014 Episode 1" will be held at Centre Convencions International Barcelona (CCIB) on 24 February. The numerical "5" has been highlighted a couple of times in the press invite, giving a strong indication that the much-awaited Samsung Galaxy S5 would be released at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona.
However, it is not yet sure whether Samsung is giving a hint on its next-generation smartphone Galaxy S5 or on the number of products it is releasing on February 24, with the number "5". It may be recalled that Samsung's executive vice-president (Mobile Business) Lee Young Hee had earlier told Bloomberg that the company is planning to launch the new device in the month of March or April.
Meanwhile, Rappler reported that Samsung Galaxy S5 would be released at the upcoming MWC in Barcelona, while tech enthusiast Eldar Murtazin claimed that Galaxy S5 would be launched on 23 February, a day before the MWC.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Expected Features and Price:
Samsung Galaxy S5 is expected to feature LPDDR4 DRAM, A8 processor, Android KitKat OS, TouchWiz UI, and a 5.25-inch Super AMOLED display with 2K (2560 x 1440p) resolution, having pixel density of 560 pixels per inch (ppi). It was reported that the new device will have 20-megapixel camera, while a new report suggested that it could feature a 21-megapixel camera.
The new smartphone is expected to have multi-hovering technology and head-tracking gesture control features, which will enhance 3D gaming. It was also reported that Samsung might introduce Iris Scanner in its upcoming device but the Korean Herald said in a report, citing industry sources, that the electronic giant has dropped the plan and has opted for finger-print sensor instead.
Samsung has not revealed the price of Galaxy S5 yet but a report by Rappler suggested that it would be cost around $750 (approximately ₹47,010).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes