Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Date Nears: Unpacked 5 Referring to Next-Generation Smartphone?
By Raymond Ronamai | February 6, 2014 12:51 AM EST
Samsung Electronics has dropped a bomb by sending out a press invite that reads "Unpacked 5", making many believe that it's about the launch of Galaxy S5.
Samsung fans residing in other corners of the world need not feel disheartened to miss the unveiling program as South Korean will be streaming live webcast of the event online.
The South Korean electronics giant has announced that "Samsung Unpacked 2014 Episode 1" will be held at Centre Convencions International Barcelona (CCIB) on 24 February. The numerical "5" has been highlighted a couple of times in the press invite, giving a strong indication that the much-awaited Samsung Galaxy S5 would be released at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona.
However, it is not yet sure whether Samsung is giving a hint on its next-generation smartphone Galaxy S5 or on the number of products it is releasing on February 24, with the number "5". It may be recalled that Samsung's executive vice-president (Mobile Business) Lee Young Hee had earlier told Bloomberg that the company is planning to launch the new device in the month of March or April.
Meanwhile, Rappler reported that Samsung Galaxy S5 would be released at the upcoming MWC in Barcelona, while tech enthusiast Eldar Murtazin claimed that Galaxy S5 would be launched on 23 February, a day before the MWC.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Expected Features and Price:
Samsung Galaxy S5 is expected to feature LPDDR4 DRAM, A8 processor, Android KitKat OS, TouchWiz UI, and a 5.25-inch Super AMOLED display with 2K (2560 x 1440p) resolution, having pixel density of 560 pixels per inch (ppi). It was reported that the new device will have 20-megapixel camera, while a new report suggested that it could feature a 21-megapixel camera.
The new smartphone is expected to have multi-hovering technology and head-tracking gesture control features, which will enhance 3D gaming. It was also reported that Samsung might introduce Iris Scanner in its upcoming device but the Korean Herald said in a report, citing industry sources, that the electronic giant has dropped the plan and has opted for finger-print sensor instead.
Samsung has not revealed the price of Galaxy S5 yet but a report by Rappler suggested that it would be cost around $750 (approximately ₹47,010).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report