Rockets' Jeremy Lin’s Trade Value Surges; Raptors, Sixers, Celtics Could Trade For Linsanity Before Deadline
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 6, 2014 12:32 AM EST
Houston Rockets Point Guard Jeremy Lin has been putting up solid numbers lately. His hot run reportedly made other teams interested in making a gamble for the former Harvard hotshot before Feb. 20 trade deadline.
Lin recently dropped 15 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists in 29 minutes as the Rockets cruised to a 106-92 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers Saturday. This marked the first time he delivered a triple-double performance since he joined the league as an undrafted player. The 26-year-old basketball star called his latest achievement on the hard court 'humbling.'
"It's kind of humbling to think about the whole journey and now this. It's another cool thing," Lin said when asked about his feeling after amassing double digits in points, rebounds and assists.
Even Houston Rockets Star James Harden was impressed by Lin's latest exploit, as he believed recording a triple double as a bench player would be harder than doing it as a starter.
"That's hard to do," Harden said after collecting a triple-double as a bench player, The National reported.
"It's just hard to be able to score the basketball, grab rebounds and pass the ball and get your teammates involved off the bench as a point guard. It's tough. But he's talented enough to do it and he did it."
Prior to his triple-double feat, Lin has been recording pretty stats line for the last three games. He averages at least 17 points and 8 assists during that span.
Many basketball followers believed Lin's recent play is the result of an increased confidence after being sidelined for at least 2 weeks due to an injury (back spasms).
With his back finally healthy, Lin is finally showing what he's capable to do and provide the much needed scoring punch and play-making off the bench.
As Lin's trade value continues to surge, the more favorable it will be for Rockets expected to move the point guard's back-loaded contract before the midseason trade deadline.
According to several sources, the Charlotte Bobcats, Boston Celtics, Toronto Raptors and Philadelphia 76ers could make a run for Lin with roughly 3 weeks left before the mid season trade deadline. No matter what team he's going to end up, Lin will more likely thrive better there than playing a sixth-man role for a loaded contender.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying