Rockets' Jeremy Lin’s Trade Value Surges; Raptors, Sixers, Celtics Could Trade For Linsanity Before Deadline
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 6, 2014 12:32 AM EST
Houston Rockets Point Guard Jeremy Lin has been putting up solid numbers lately. His hot run reportedly made other teams interested in making a gamble for the former Harvard hotshot before Feb. 20 trade deadline.
Lin recently dropped 15 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists in 29 minutes as the Rockets cruised to a 106-92 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers Saturday. This marked the first time he delivered a triple-double performance since he joined the league as an undrafted player. The 26-year-old basketball star called his latest achievement on the hard court 'humbling.'
"It's kind of humbling to think about the whole journey and now this. It's another cool thing," Lin said when asked about his feeling after amassing double digits in points, rebounds and assists.
Even Houston Rockets Star James Harden was impressed by Lin's latest exploit, as he believed recording a triple double as a bench player would be harder than doing it as a starter.
"That's hard to do," Harden said after collecting a triple-double as a bench player, The National reported.
"It's just hard to be able to score the basketball, grab rebounds and pass the ball and get your teammates involved off the bench as a point guard. It's tough. But he's talented enough to do it and he did it."
Prior to his triple-double feat, Lin has been recording pretty stats line for the last three games. He averages at least 17 points and 8 assists during that span.
Many basketball followers believed Lin's recent play is the result of an increased confidence after being sidelined for at least 2 weeks due to an injury (back spasms).
With his back finally healthy, Lin is finally showing what he's capable to do and provide the much needed scoring punch and play-making off the bench.
As Lin's trade value continues to surge, the more favorable it will be for Rockets expected to move the point guard's back-loaded contract before the midseason trade deadline.
According to several sources, the Charlotte Bobcats, Boston Celtics, Toronto Raptors and Philadelphia 76ers could make a run for Lin with roughly 3 weeks left before the mid season trade deadline. No matter what team he's going to end up, Lin will more likely thrive better there than playing a sixth-man role for a loaded contender.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate