Rockets' Jeremy Lin’s Trade Value Surges; Raptors, Sixers, Celtics Could Trade For Linsanity Before Deadline
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 6, 2014 12:32 AM EST
Houston Rockets Point Guard Jeremy Lin has been putting up solid numbers lately. His hot run reportedly made other teams interested in making a gamble for the former Harvard hotshot before Feb. 20 trade deadline.
Lin recently dropped 15 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists in 29 minutes as the Rockets cruised to a 106-92 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers Saturday. This marked the first time he delivered a triple-double performance since he joined the league as an undrafted player. The 26-year-old basketball star called his latest achievement on the hard court 'humbling.'
"It's kind of humbling to think about the whole journey and now this. It's another cool thing," Lin said when asked about his feeling after amassing double digits in points, rebounds and assists.
Even Houston Rockets Star James Harden was impressed by Lin's latest exploit, as he believed recording a triple double as a bench player would be harder than doing it as a starter.
"That's hard to do," Harden said after collecting a triple-double as a bench player, The National reported.
"It's just hard to be able to score the basketball, grab rebounds and pass the ball and get your teammates involved off the bench as a point guard. It's tough. But he's talented enough to do it and he did it."
Prior to his triple-double feat, Lin has been recording pretty stats line for the last three games. He averages at least 17 points and 8 assists during that span.
Many basketball followers believed Lin's recent play is the result of an increased confidence after being sidelined for at least 2 weeks due to an injury (back spasms).
With his back finally healthy, Lin is finally showing what he's capable to do and provide the much needed scoring punch and play-making off the bench.
As Lin's trade value continues to surge, the more favorable it will be for Rockets expected to move the point guard's back-loaded contract before the midseason trade deadline.
According to several sources, the Charlotte Bobcats, Boston Celtics, Toronto Raptors and Philadelphia 76ers could make a run for Lin with roughly 3 weeks left before the mid season trade deadline. No matter what team he's going to end up, Lin will more likely thrive better there than playing a sixth-man role for a loaded contender.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebrities Whose Life Changed Because of Sexual Abuse and Molestation
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- Khloe Kardashian Sympathetic About Ex-Husband Lamar Odom in Recent Instagram Posts
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People