Rockets' Jeremy Lin’s Trade Value Surges; Raptors, Sixers, Celtics Could Trade For Linsanity Before Deadline
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 6, 2014 12:32 AM EST
Houston Rockets Point Guard Jeremy Lin has been putting up solid numbers lately. His hot run reportedly made other teams interested in making a gamble for the former Harvard hotshot before Feb. 20 trade deadline.
Lin recently dropped 15 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists in 29 minutes as the Rockets cruised to a 106-92 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers Saturday. This marked the first time he delivered a triple-double performance since he joined the league as an undrafted player. The 26-year-old basketball star called his latest achievement on the hard court 'humbling.'
"It's kind of humbling to think about the whole journey and now this. It's another cool thing," Lin said when asked about his feeling after amassing double digits in points, rebounds and assists.
Even Houston Rockets Star James Harden was impressed by Lin's latest exploit, as he believed recording a triple double as a bench player would be harder than doing it as a starter.
"That's hard to do," Harden said after collecting a triple-double as a bench player, The National reported.
"It's just hard to be able to score the basketball, grab rebounds and pass the ball and get your teammates involved off the bench as a point guard. It's tough. But he's talented enough to do it and he did it."
Prior to his triple-double feat, Lin has been recording pretty stats line for the last three games. He averages at least 17 points and 8 assists during that span.
Many basketball followers believed Lin's recent play is the result of an increased confidence after being sidelined for at least 2 weeks due to an injury (back spasms).
With his back finally healthy, Lin is finally showing what he's capable to do and provide the much needed scoring punch and play-making off the bench.
As Lin's trade value continues to surge, the more favorable it will be for Rockets expected to move the point guard's back-loaded contract before the midseason trade deadline.
According to several sources, the Charlotte Bobcats, Boston Celtics, Toronto Raptors and Philadelphia 76ers could make a run for Lin with roughly 3 weeks left before the mid season trade deadline. No matter what team he's going to end up, Lin will more likely thrive better there than playing a sixth-man role for a loaded contender.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics Schedule & Results
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6