Rockets' Jeremy Lin’s Trade Value Surges; Raptors, Sixers, Celtics Could Trade For Linsanity Before Deadline
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 6, 2014 12:32 AM EST
Houston Rockets Point Guard Jeremy Lin has been putting up solid numbers lately. His hot run reportedly made other teams interested in making a gamble for the former Harvard hotshot before Feb. 20 trade deadline.
Lin recently dropped 15 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists in 29 minutes as the Rockets cruised to a 106-92 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers Saturday. This marked the first time he delivered a triple-double performance since he joined the league as an undrafted player. The 26-year-old basketball star called his latest achievement on the hard court 'humbling.'
"It's kind of humbling to think about the whole journey and now this. It's another cool thing," Lin said when asked about his feeling after amassing double digits in points, rebounds and assists.
Even Houston Rockets Star James Harden was impressed by Lin's latest exploit, as he believed recording a triple double as a bench player would be harder than doing it as a starter.
"That's hard to do," Harden said after collecting a triple-double as a bench player, The National reported.
"It's just hard to be able to score the basketball, grab rebounds and pass the ball and get your teammates involved off the bench as a point guard. It's tough. But he's talented enough to do it and he did it."
Prior to his triple-double feat, Lin has been recording pretty stats line for the last three games. He averages at least 17 points and 8 assists during that span.
Many basketball followers believed Lin's recent play is the result of an increased confidence after being sidelined for at least 2 weeks due to an injury (back spasms).
With his back finally healthy, Lin is finally showing what he's capable to do and provide the much needed scoring punch and play-making off the bench.
As Lin's trade value continues to surge, the more favorable it will be for Rockets expected to move the point guard's back-loaded contract before the midseason trade deadline.
According to several sources, the Charlotte Bobcats, Boston Celtics, Toronto Raptors and Philadelphia 76ers could make a run for Lin with roughly 3 weeks left before the mid season trade deadline. No matter what team he's going to end up, Lin will more likely thrive better there than playing a sixth-man role for a loaded contender.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports