Coca-Cola Super Bowl Commercial 2014: Patriotic Song 'America the Beautiful' In Different Languages, Sparks Uproar In Social Media
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 6, 2014 12:26 AM EST
The Coca-Cola Super Bowl Commercial 2014 has sparked uproar in the social media. The patriotic song "America the Beautiful" was sang in the ad in different languages. Apparently, the Americans were not so pleased at it and even suggested to boycott the soda product.
Have a look at the video below.
Video courtesy: YouTube/Coca-Cola
The song "America the Beautiful" was sang in Hindi, Keres, Filipino, Mandarin, Arabic, Spanish, Hebrew and Senegalese-French, aside from English. You can view the official YouTube channel of Coca-Cola to see all the children who loaned their voices for the big game commercial.
"Worst Super Bowl Ad ever, it's an American song and shouldn't be sang in different languages," one person wrote.
"Offensive, the American language is English, my great grandfather instilled that into my family as he arrived Ellis Island in the 20's, I wish more people respected America and our culture that expecting us to accept theirs in our country," another one commented.
American Radio and Television Host Glen Beck said Coca-Cola was trying to "divide the people politically. That's all this ad is," he said. "It's an in-your-face, if you don't like it, if you're offended by it, then you're a racist, if you do like it, well then you're for immigration," he added. "That's all this is to divide the people."
The 60-minute ad was Coca-Cola's attempt to exhibit America's "incredible diversity." It shows people from all walks of life singing the song in their own languages.
Diversity is a wide subject. It incorporates reverence and acceptance. It means being able to understand that each individual has a unique personality and recognize each individual's differences, which include race, origin, gender, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, political beliefs and other principles.
Do you think the Coca-Cola Super Bowl Commercial 2014 was a disgrace and unpatriotic? Was it derogatory to American heritage?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Calls Out On Floyd Mayweather Jr. Again After Unbeaten Boxer Mocks Him With His KO Video
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- 2014 NFL Thanksgiving Games Results: Detroit Lions, Philadelphia Eagles, Seattle Seahawks Notch All-Important Wins With Major Postseason Implications
- Derrick Rose Is Lying About His Health Says ESPN Analyst Stephen A. Smith
- Andy Murray, Ana Ivanovic, And Other Tennis Stars Arrive In Manila For The IPTL; Murray Meets Manny Pacquiao
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast