Coca-Cola Super Bowl Commercial 2014: Patriotic Song 'America the Beautiful' In Different Languages, Sparks Uproar In Social Media
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 6, 2014 12:26 AM EST
The Coca-Cola Super Bowl Commercial 2014 has sparked uproar in the social media. The patriotic song "America the Beautiful" was sang in the ad in different languages. Apparently, the Americans were not so pleased at it and even suggested to boycott the soda product.
Have a look at the video below.
Video courtesy: YouTube/Coca-Cola
The song "America the Beautiful" was sang in Hindi, Keres, Filipino, Mandarin, Arabic, Spanish, Hebrew and Senegalese-French, aside from English. You can view the official YouTube channel of Coca-Cola to see all the children who loaned their voices for the big game commercial.
"Worst Super Bowl Ad ever, it's an American song and shouldn't be sang in different languages," one person wrote.
"Offensive, the American language is English, my great grandfather instilled that into my family as he arrived Ellis Island in the 20's, I wish more people respected America and our culture that expecting us to accept theirs in our country," another one commented.
American Radio and Television Host Glen Beck said Coca-Cola was trying to "divide the people politically. That's all this ad is," he said. "It's an in-your-face, if you don't like it, if you're offended by it, then you're a racist, if you do like it, well then you're for immigration," he added. "That's all this is to divide the people."
The 60-minute ad was Coca-Cola's attempt to exhibit America's "incredible diversity." It shows people from all walks of life singing the song in their own languages.
Diversity is a wide subject. It incorporates reverence and acceptance. It means being able to understand that each individual has a unique personality and recognize each individual's differences, which include race, origin, gender, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, political beliefs and other principles.
Do you think the Coca-Cola Super Bowl Commercial 2014 was a disgrace and unpatriotic? Was it derogatory to American heritage?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’