Coca-Cola Super Bowl Commercial 2014: Patriotic Song 'America the Beautiful' In Different Languages, Sparks Uproar In Social Media
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 6, 2014 12:26 AM EST
The Coca-Cola Super Bowl Commercial 2014 has sparked uproar in the social media. The patriotic song "America the Beautiful" was sang in the ad in different languages. Apparently, the Americans were not so pleased at it and even suggested to boycott the soda product.
Have a look at the video below.
Video courtesy: YouTube/Coca-Cola
The song "America the Beautiful" was sang in Hindi, Keres, Filipino, Mandarin, Arabic, Spanish, Hebrew and Senegalese-French, aside from English. You can view the official YouTube channel of Coca-Cola to see all the children who loaned their voices for the big game commercial.
"Worst Super Bowl Ad ever, it's an American song and shouldn't be sang in different languages," one person wrote.
"Offensive, the American language is English, my great grandfather instilled that into my family as he arrived Ellis Island in the 20's, I wish more people respected America and our culture that expecting us to accept theirs in our country," another one commented.
American Radio and Television Host Glen Beck said Coca-Cola was trying to "divide the people politically. That's all this ad is," he said. "It's an in-your-face, if you don't like it, if you're offended by it, then you're a racist, if you do like it, well then you're for immigration," he added. "That's all this is to divide the people."
The 60-minute ad was Coca-Cola's attempt to exhibit America's "incredible diversity." It shows people from all walks of life singing the song in their own languages.
Diversity is a wide subject. It incorporates reverence and acceptance. It means being able to understand that each individual has a unique personality and recognize each individual's differences, which include race, origin, gender, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, political beliefs and other principles.
Do you think the Coca-Cola Super Bowl Commercial 2014 was a disgrace and unpatriotic? Was it derogatory to American heritage?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tasks Engineers to Create the Perfect Tennis Racquet [VIDEO]
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Renewed Hope for Blues, as Paul Pogba's Agent Revealed that 'Anything is Possible'
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff