iPhone 6 Release Set In June, Tim Cook Reveals New iPhone 6 Details And Features
By Precious Silva | February 6, 2014 12:21 AM EST
A few months from now the iPhone 6 will rollout. But the market has been buzzing already its supposed features and specs.
The gold colored version of the new iPhone 5S is seen after Apple Inc's media event in Cupertino, California September 10, 2013.
With Samsung Galaxy S5 reportedly around the corner, the market is curious what Apple has prepared to compete with its biggest rival.
Recent reports claimed Apple may release iPhone 6 around June 20. Reported features include sapphire screen, new mobile payment system and a possibly of solar charging. Can Apple deliver?
According to KDB Daewoo Securities, there are two primary points of interests about iPhone 6. First is likely the launch date will be around the second or third quarter of 2014. This is looking at how Apple has released its flagship phones throughout the years. The first generations were around June and the latter ones were released between September and November. If people will consider the latter releases, iPhone 6 will surely show up this year.
While some think it would be farfetched to expect the flagship phone around April or May, analysts still think that a June schedule may be possible. The Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) will be at the same time. It can be a probable venue for Apple to announce its latest smartphone.
Chinese Web site QQ Tech reported an analysis from analyst Sun Changxu. According to the report, the analyst predicts Apple's production to start soon as May. It is likely that Apple will introduce iPhone 6 during the WWDC.
The report also noted features such as a 4.7-inch screen and 1136 x 640 pixel display. Part of the prediction is a 5.7-inch phablet to follow the smartphone.
Time reported about a recent statement from Apple CEO Tim Cook. According to the report, the CEO noted how the company has been looking into mobile payments. It is an idea that the tech giant has been keen on tapping.
"You can tell by looking at the demographics of our customers and the amount of commerce that goes through iOS devices...that it's a big opportunity on the platform," Cook told investors during the quarterly earnings call as reported in Time.
Analysts believe Apple has to step this year to ensure its position. Many have been growing impatient about what the company plans for 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]