iPhone 6 Release Date: Expected Specifications Leaked; Larger Model May Feature 5.5-inch Display
By Raymond Ronamai | February 5, 2014 9:25 PM EST
Apple Inc. has not made any announcement on its next-generation smartphone, which is dubbed as iPhone 6 by the media. But speculations on its expected specifications keep doing the round. The latest we hear is that the smartphone's phablet version will feature a 5.5-inch display.
Lewi Hussey via ConceptsiPhone
iPhone 6 Concept Image by Lewi Hussey
iPhone 6 will sport 4.7/4.8 or 5.5″ display with a 1920x1080p (440ppi), or a 2272×1280 (510ppi) IGZO Display and will be powered by A8 chip (64-bit) with iOS 7.2, according to a note to investors by South Korea's brokerage KDB Daewoo Securities (translated by Oled Display).
Earlier reports also said that iPhone 6 will sport a 4.8-inch display and will be powered by A8 processor. It is also expected to feature a scratch-resistant sapphire-coated glass display, which will enable solar-charging, Retina+ IGZO display that will enable gesture control, and 802.11ac Wi-Fi connectivity.
However, KDB's claim that the new smartphone will feature iOS 7.2 contradicts earlier reports that mentioned that the new version would have iOS 8, which is expected to be unveiled at the WWDC conference.
iPhone 6 Release Date:
KDB said that iPhone 6 will be released in the second or third quarter of 2014. Chinese Analyst Sun Changxu had also told QQ Tech website that the production of the next-generation smartphone would start in May before its launch in June. Jefferies analyst Peter Misek also said that the device might be launched in June this year. The prediction seems to hold some credibility as Apple's WWDC (Worldwide Developers Conference) will be held from 10-14 June.
However, June release is unlikely considering the fact that the Cupertino giant launched iPhone 5s and 5c in September last year. Cowen and Company analyst Timothy Arcuri had said that Apple Inc. would launch iPhone 6 only in September, and South Korean publication house ET News also echoed the same.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies