Auto Expo 2014: Honda Debuts Activa 125
By greeshma m | February 5, 2014 9:19 PM EST
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd (HMSI) presented yet another version of its fast moving Activa, dubbed Activa 125, along with a new sportsbike CBR 650F for the motorbike lovers in India on the inaugural day of Delhi Auto Expo.
Employees work in an assembly line at Hero Honda's newly inaugurated plant in Haridwar April 8, 2008.
Activa 125 is expected to make its market debut in the courty in Q1 of FY 2015, and the scooter will entice the takers with features like combi-brake system, optional disc brake, tubeless tires, digital meter, metal body and viscous air filter. The scooter will foray into the 125cc market with 124.9 cc engine, which can pump an 8.6 bhp of power at 6,500 rpm and 10.12 Nm of torque at 5,500 rpm. Currently, India's 125 cc automatic scooter segments has been dominated by Piaggio's Vespa, Suzuki's Access and Swish and Mahindra's Duro and Rodeo. The company did not reveal the price of the new Activa.
The Honda CBR 650F was the second model, which paraded at the 12 edition of Delhi Auto Expo. The bike will reach the retail showrooms in 2016. It is powered by new 650cc, 4-cylinder DOHC engine, which can generate a power of 87PS at 11,000rpm and a peak torque of 63Nm at 8000rpm. The 650 cc motorbike will be mated to a six-speed gearbox and will be assembled in India.
Honda, announcing the launch of its new arena of bikes and scooters at the event said that the company will commence the operations at its new facility in Ahmadabad by second half of 2015-16.
"Honda is going to establish a fourth facility to produce scooters in India. The plant will be set up in Ahmedabad and have a capacity of 1.2 million units," HMSI President and CEO Keita Muramatsu told reporters.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date