Auto Expo 2014: Honda Debuts Activa 125
By greeshma m | February 5, 2014 9:19 PM EST
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd (HMSI) presented yet another version of its fast moving Activa, dubbed Activa 125, along with a new sportsbike CBR 650F for the motorbike lovers in India on the inaugural day of Delhi Auto Expo.
Employees work in an assembly line at Hero Honda's newly inaugurated plant in Haridwar April 8, 2008.
Activa 125 is expected to make its market debut in the courty in Q1 of FY 2015, and the scooter will entice the takers with features like combi-brake system, optional disc brake, tubeless tires, digital meter, metal body and viscous air filter. The scooter will foray into the 125cc market with 124.9 cc engine, which can pump an 8.6 bhp of power at 6,500 rpm and 10.12 Nm of torque at 5,500 rpm. Currently, India's 125 cc automatic scooter segments has been dominated by Piaggio's Vespa, Suzuki's Access and Swish and Mahindra's Duro and Rodeo. The company did not reveal the price of the new Activa.
The Honda CBR 650F was the second model, which paraded at the 12 edition of Delhi Auto Expo. The bike will reach the retail showrooms in 2016. It is powered by new 650cc, 4-cylinder DOHC engine, which can generate a power of 87PS at 11,000rpm and a peak torque of 63Nm at 8000rpm. The 650 cc motorbike will be mated to a six-speed gearbox and will be assembled in India.
Honda, announcing the launch of its new arena of bikes and scooters at the event said that the company will commence the operations at its new facility in Ahmadabad by second half of 2015-16.
"Honda is going to establish a fourth facility to produce scooters in India. The plant will be set up in Ahmedabad and have a capacity of 1.2 million units," HMSI President and CEO Keita Muramatsu told reporters.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- Biggest Australian IPO in 4 Years as Healthscope Could Raises $2.12 Billion
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales