Auto Expo 2014: Honda Debuts Activa 125
By greeshma m | February 5, 2014 9:19 PM EST
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd (HMSI) presented yet another version of its fast moving Activa, dubbed Activa 125, along with a new sportsbike CBR 650F for the motorbike lovers in India on the inaugural day of Delhi Auto Expo.
Employees work in an assembly line at Hero Honda's newly inaugurated plant in Haridwar April 8, 2008.
Activa 125 is expected to make its market debut in the courty in Q1 of FY 2015, and the scooter will entice the takers with features like combi-brake system, optional disc brake, tubeless tires, digital meter, metal body and viscous air filter. The scooter will foray into the 125cc market with 124.9 cc engine, which can pump an 8.6 bhp of power at 6,500 rpm and 10.12 Nm of torque at 5,500 rpm. Currently, India's 125 cc automatic scooter segments has been dominated by Piaggio's Vespa, Suzuki's Access and Swish and Mahindra's Duro and Rodeo. The company did not reveal the price of the new Activa.
The Honda CBR 650F was the second model, which paraded at the 12 edition of Delhi Auto Expo. The bike will reach the retail showrooms in 2016. It is powered by new 650cc, 4-cylinder DOHC engine, which can generate a power of 87PS at 11,000rpm and a peak torque of 63Nm at 8000rpm. The 650 cc motorbike will be mated to a six-speed gearbox and will be assembled in India.
Honda, announcing the launch of its new arena of bikes and scooters at the event said that the company will commence the operations at its new facility in Ahmadabad by second half of 2015-16.
"Honda is going to establish a fourth facility to produce scooters in India. The plant will be set up in Ahmedabad and have a capacity of 1.2 million units," HMSI President and CEO Keita Muramatsu told reporters.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Tweens Fool Their Parents Online, McAfee Reports
- Debt-Laden Millennials Join Stock Market
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga