Auto Expo 2014: Honda Debuts Activa 125
By greeshma m | February 5, 2014 9:19 PM EST
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd (HMSI) presented yet another version of its fast moving Activa, dubbed Activa 125, along with a new sportsbike CBR 650F for the motorbike lovers in India on the inaugural day of Delhi Auto Expo.
Employees work in an assembly line at Hero Honda's newly inaugurated plant in Haridwar April 8, 2008.
Activa 125 is expected to make its market debut in the courty in Q1 of FY 2015, and the scooter will entice the takers with features like combi-brake system, optional disc brake, tubeless tires, digital meter, metal body and viscous air filter. The scooter will foray into the 125cc market with 124.9 cc engine, which can pump an 8.6 bhp of power at 6,500 rpm and 10.12 Nm of torque at 5,500 rpm. Currently, India's 125 cc automatic scooter segments has been dominated by Piaggio's Vespa, Suzuki's Access and Swish and Mahindra's Duro and Rodeo. The company did not reveal the price of the new Activa.
The Honda CBR 650F was the second model, which paraded at the 12 edition of Delhi Auto Expo. The bike will reach the retail showrooms in 2016. It is powered by new 650cc, 4-cylinder DOHC engine, which can generate a power of 87PS at 11,000rpm and a peak torque of 63Nm at 8000rpm. The 650 cc motorbike will be mated to a six-speed gearbox and will be assembled in India.
Honda, announcing the launch of its new arena of bikes and scooters at the event said that the company will commence the operations at its new facility in Ahmadabad by second half of 2015-16.
"Honda is going to establish a fourth facility to produce scooters in India. The plant will be set up in Ahmedabad and have a capacity of 1.2 million units," HMSI President and CEO Keita Muramatsu told reporters.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements