Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes - New Details Released
By Aditya Bhat | February 5, 2014 9:16 PM EST
New details of the upcoming video game, Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes developed by Kojima and published by Konami have emerged. These new details made their appearance via an article on Game Informer magazine (via CVG).
Facebook/Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 5 will also feature leaderboards.
GTA 5 on PC: Take-Two Comments; Assassination Missions in Single Player DLC, 32.5 Million Copies Shipped
According to the magazine, the story campaign for the game will be small and might be completed in two hours. However, the demo went on for four hours and there was time to play the main mission and even experiment with some of the extra modes.
Ground Zeroes is set in 1975, while Phantom Pain is set in 1984. It says that there are various ways in which a player can infiltrate Camp Omega.
Players will be able to tag snake binoculars to tag enemies, which can be seen in mini-map. It can be also turned off. Players will now be able to fire weapons from both first and third person perspective and they can also fire between wires of a barbed fence.
The game allows found weapons to be reused and new directional indicator is used while escaping enemies. Players have to keep their ears open to radio intercepts and they will also have the ability to slow down time, when found by a guard. In this time, the player can shoot.
When Snake is close to an enemy, a button prompt will appear giving players the choice to either 'interrogate', 'knock out' or 'kill'. Interrogation of a guard will reveal location of ammo and secret passages.
Ground Zeroes repotedly has a handful of extra missions in-game and will feature leaderboards too.
Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes will be released on 18 March for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. The pricing of PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 version is $20 for digital and $30 at retail, and pricing for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will cost $30 for a digital download or $40 for retail. There has been no information on the release date for Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'The Sims 4' Disappointing In-Game Factors And Pixelated Downloadable Pirated Copies
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet