Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes - New Details Released
By Aditya Bhat | February 5, 2014 9:16 PM EST
New details of the upcoming video game, Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes developed by Kojima and published by Konami have emerged. These new details made their appearance via an article on Game Informer magazine (via CVG).
Facebook/Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 5 will also feature leaderboards.
According to the magazine, the story campaign for the game will be small and might be completed in two hours. However, the demo went on for four hours and there was time to play the main mission and even experiment with some of the extra modes.
Ground Zeroes is set in 1975, while Phantom Pain is set in 1984. It says that there are various ways in which a player can infiltrate Camp Omega.
Players will be able to tag snake binoculars to tag enemies, which can be seen in mini-map. It can be also turned off. Players will now be able to fire weapons from both first and third person perspective and they can also fire between wires of a barbed fence.
The game allows found weapons to be reused and new directional indicator is used while escaping enemies. Players have to keep their ears open to radio intercepts and they will also have the ability to slow down time, when found by a guard. In this time, the player can shoot.
When Snake is close to an enemy, a button prompt will appear giving players the choice to either 'interrogate', 'knock out' or 'kill'. Interrogation of a guard will reveal location of ammo and secret passages.
Ground Zeroes repotedly has a handful of extra missions in-game and will feature leaderboards too.
Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes will be released on 18 March for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. The pricing of PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 version is $20 for digital and $30 at retail, and pricing for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will cost $30 for a digital download or $40 for retail. There has been no information on the release date for Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 New Update Brings Performance And Stability Improvements
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows