Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes - New Details Released
By Aditya Bhat | February 5, 2014 9:16 PM EST
New details of the upcoming video game, Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes developed by Kojima and published by Konami have emerged. These new details made their appearance via an article on Game Informer magazine (via CVG).
Facebook/Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 5 will also feature leaderboards.
According to the magazine, the story campaign for the game will be small and might be completed in two hours. However, the demo went on for four hours and there was time to play the main mission and even experiment with some of the extra modes.
Ground Zeroes is set in 1975, while Phantom Pain is set in 1984. It says that there are various ways in which a player can infiltrate Camp Omega.
Players will be able to tag snake binoculars to tag enemies, which can be seen in mini-map. It can be also turned off. Players will now be able to fire weapons from both first and third person perspective and they can also fire between wires of a barbed fence.
The game allows found weapons to be reused and new directional indicator is used while escaping enemies. Players have to keep their ears open to radio intercepts and they will also have the ability to slow down time, when found by a guard. In this time, the player can shoot.
When Snake is close to an enemy, a button prompt will appear giving players the choice to either 'interrogate', 'knock out' or 'kill'. Interrogation of a guard will reveal location of ammo and secret passages.
Ground Zeroes repotedly has a handful of extra missions in-game and will feature leaderboards too.
Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes will be released on 18 March for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. The pricing of PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 version is $20 for digital and $30 at retail, and pricing for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will cost $30 for a digital download or $40 for retail. There has been no information on the release date for Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install