Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes - New Details Released
By Aditya Bhat | February 5, 2014 9:16 PM EST
New details of the upcoming video game, Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes developed by Kojima and published by Konami have emerged. These new details made their appearance via an article on Game Informer magazine (via CVG).
Facebook/Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 5 will also feature leaderboards.
According to the magazine, the story campaign for the game will be small and might be completed in two hours. However, the demo went on for four hours and there was time to play the main mission and even experiment with some of the extra modes.
Ground Zeroes is set in 1975, while Phantom Pain is set in 1984. It says that there are various ways in which a player can infiltrate Camp Omega.
Players will be able to tag snake binoculars to tag enemies, which can be seen in mini-map. It can be also turned off. Players will now be able to fire weapons from both first and third person perspective and they can also fire between wires of a barbed fence.
The game allows found weapons to be reused and new directional indicator is used while escaping enemies. Players have to keep their ears open to radio intercepts and they will also have the ability to slow down time, when found by a guard. In this time, the player can shoot.
When Snake is close to an enemy, a button prompt will appear giving players the choice to either 'interrogate', 'knock out' or 'kill'. Interrogation of a guard will reveal location of ammo and secret passages.
Ground Zeroes repotedly has a handful of extra missions in-game and will feature leaderboards too.
Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes will be released on 18 March for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. The pricing of PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 version is $20 for digital and $30 at retail, and pricing for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will cost $30 for a digital download or $40 for retail. There has been no information on the release date for Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar