Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes - New Details Released
By Aditya Bhat | February 5, 2014 9:16 PM EST
New details of the upcoming video game, Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes developed by Kojima and published by Konami have emerged. These new details made their appearance via an article on Game Informer magazine (via CVG).
Facebook/Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 5 will also feature leaderboards.
According to the magazine, the story campaign for the game will be small and might be completed in two hours. However, the demo went on for four hours and there was time to play the main mission and even experiment with some of the extra modes.
Ground Zeroes is set in 1975, while Phantom Pain is set in 1984. It says that there are various ways in which a player can infiltrate Camp Omega.
Players will be able to tag snake binoculars to tag enemies, which can be seen in mini-map. It can be also turned off. Players will now be able to fire weapons from both first and third person perspective and they can also fire between wires of a barbed fence.
The game allows found weapons to be reused and new directional indicator is used while escaping enemies. Players have to keep their ears open to radio intercepts and they will also have the ability to slow down time, when found by a guard. In this time, the player can shoot.
When Snake is close to an enemy, a button prompt will appear giving players the choice to either 'interrogate', 'knock out' or 'kill'. Interrogation of a guard will reveal location of ammo and secret passages.
Ground Zeroes repotedly has a handful of extra missions in-game and will feature leaderboards too.
Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes will be released on 18 March for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. The pricing of PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 version is $20 for digital and $30 at retail, and pricing for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will cost $30 for a digital download or $40 for retail. There has been no information on the release date for Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS