‘Jai Ho’ Box Office Collection: Salman Starrer Benefits from Tax Exemption
By Ankita Mehta | February 5, 2014 8:59 PM EST
Sohail Khan directorial film "Jai Ho", which had seen a fall in its collection, is now benefitting slightly due to tax exemption in two states.
Jai Ho Official Twitter
Jai Ho Poster
Since Sunday the film went entertainment tax free in Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat.
Due to tax free status, the second Monday and Tuesday earnings of the film at certain circuits were pretty good, compared to second Friday.
In a few urban centers, the accumulations were much better than second Saturday, according to boxofficeindia.
Although, the film has gone tax free in two states, it's too late to change the film's box office fate. Since the opening day, the collection was low and it maintained the same trend throughout the first week.
The tax free status in second week would help "Jai Ho" to earn ₹2 to ₹3 crore extra in the second week, but the overall total of the film will be low.
The current box office figure shows that the film would not be able to reach the lifetime figure of "Ready." Salman starrer "Ready" has done a business of about ₹120 crore in the lifetime run, but "Jai Ho" is unlikely to reach that mark.
Due to poor performance of "One By Two" at the box office, "Jai Ho" managed to sail through. But the upcoming release "Hasee Toh Phasee" will affect the business of Salman starrer drastically.
"Jai Ho" is a political drama film, which is remake of Telugu film "Stalin". Apart from Salman, the film also features Daisy Shah, Tabu, Suniel Shetty and Danny Denzongpa in main roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- American Horror Story Season 4 Freak Show to Feature Scariest Villain, Names of Season 4 Characters Revealed
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’