‘Jai Ho’ Box Office Collection: Salman Starrer Benefits from Tax Exemption
By Ankita Mehta | February 5, 2014 8:59 PM EST
Sohail Khan directorial film "Jai Ho", which had seen a fall in its collection, is now benefitting slightly due to tax exemption in two states.
Jai Ho Official Twitter
Jai Ho Poster
Since Sunday the film went entertainment tax free in Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat.
Due to tax free status, the second Monday and Tuesday earnings of the film at certain circuits were pretty good, compared to second Friday.
In a few urban centers, the accumulations were much better than second Saturday, according to boxofficeindia.
Although, the film has gone tax free in two states, it's too late to change the film's box office fate. Since the opening day, the collection was low and it maintained the same trend throughout the first week.
The tax free status in second week would help "Jai Ho" to earn ₹2 to ₹3 crore extra in the second week, but the overall total of the film will be low.
The current box office figure shows that the film would not be able to reach the lifetime figure of "Ready." Salman starrer "Ready" has done a business of about ₹120 crore in the lifetime run, but "Jai Ho" is unlikely to reach that mark.
Due to poor performance of "One By Two" at the box office, "Jai Ho" managed to sail through. But the upcoming release "Hasee Toh Phasee" will affect the business of Salman starrer drastically.
"Jai Ho" is a political drama film, which is remake of Telugu film "Stalin". Apart from Salman, the film also features Daisy Shah, Tabu, Suniel Shetty and Danny Denzongpa in main roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown