‘Jai Ho’ Box Office Collection: Salman Starrer Benefits from Tax Exemption
By Ankita Mehta | February 5, 2014 8:59 PM EST
Sohail Khan directorial film "Jai Ho", which had seen a fall in its collection, is now benefitting slightly due to tax exemption in two states.
Jai Ho Official Twitter
Jai Ho Poster
Since Sunday the film went entertainment tax free in Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat.
Due to tax free status, the second Monday and Tuesday earnings of the film at certain circuits were pretty good, compared to second Friday.
In a few urban centers, the accumulations were much better than second Saturday, according to boxofficeindia.
Although, the film has gone tax free in two states, it's too late to change the film's box office fate. Since the opening day, the collection was low and it maintained the same trend throughout the first week.
The tax free status in second week would help "Jai Ho" to earn ₹2 to ₹3 crore extra in the second week, but the overall total of the film will be low.
The current box office figure shows that the film would not be able to reach the lifetime figure of "Ready." Salman starrer "Ready" has done a business of about ₹120 crore in the lifetime run, but "Jai Ho" is unlikely to reach that mark.
Due to poor performance of "One By Two" at the box office, "Jai Ho" managed to sail through. But the upcoming release "Hasee Toh Phasee" will affect the business of Salman starrer drastically.
"Jai Ho" is a political drama film, which is remake of Telugu film "Stalin". Apart from Salman, the film also features Daisy Shah, Tabu, Suniel Shetty and Danny Denzongpa in main roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft