‘Jai Ho’ Box Office Collection: Salman Starrer Benefits from Tax Exemption
By Ankita Mehta | February 5, 2014 8:59 PM EST
Sohail Khan directorial film "Jai Ho", which had seen a fall in its collection, is now benefitting slightly due to tax exemption in two states.
Jai Ho Official Twitter
Jai Ho Poster
Since Sunday the film went entertainment tax free in Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat.
Due to tax free status, the second Monday and Tuesday earnings of the film at certain circuits were pretty good, compared to second Friday.
In a few urban centers, the accumulations were much better than second Saturday, according to boxofficeindia.
Although, the film has gone tax free in two states, it's too late to change the film's box office fate. Since the opening day, the collection was low and it maintained the same trend throughout the first week.
The tax free status in second week would help "Jai Ho" to earn ₹2 to ₹3 crore extra in the second week, but the overall total of the film will be low.
The current box office figure shows that the film would not be able to reach the lifetime figure of "Ready." Salman starrer "Ready" has done a business of about ₹120 crore in the lifetime run, but "Jai Ho" is unlikely to reach that mark.
Due to poor performance of "One By Two" at the box office, "Jai Ho" managed to sail through. But the upcoming release "Hasee Toh Phasee" will affect the business of Salman starrer drastically.
"Jai Ho" is a political drama film, which is remake of Telugu film "Stalin". Apart from Salman, the film also features Daisy Shah, Tabu, Suniel Shetty and Danny Denzongpa in main roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’