Parineeti Chopra Glams up for Vogue Cover, Opens up about Transition from Banking to Bollywood [VIDEOS, PHOTO]
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 5, 2014 8:38 PM EST
Parineeti Chopra is the new cover girl of the February issue of the fashion magazine, Vogue India.
Parineeti Chopra unveils Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear
The talented actress well known for her chatter box demeanor put up a stylish avatar for the magazine's edition this month. Parineeti looks a million-dollar, as she posed confidently in a gorgeous floor length silver gown.
In a behind the scenes video released by Vogue India, the bubbly actress revealed her initial disgust for Bollywood, which she considered “all floss” and no intelligence. Parineeti referred to her famous cousin Priyanka Chopra as a “superstar” and said that her journey from banking to Bollywood happened by chance.
“Acting was something I never even thought of, even though I have a superstar in my house… I always wanted to be a banker…but destiny played its role… I came to India and joined Yash Raj Films and everything just changed from there,” said the actress.
The 25-year-old, who has often struggled with her weight, has at times been panned for her mundane dressing sense. However, she has now candidly revealed that fashion meant ‘nothing’ to her, “I don’t enjoy Fashion. I am not a fashionable person and clothes don’t interest me.”
In another video titled “Note to Self,” Parineeti is seen contemplating her appearance of the coveted magazine’s cover as she advises herself to put on the serious look since she feels, “Kate Moss doesn’t ever smile on her covers. As far as I can tell, looking grumpy is what is needed to give fashion credibility.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date