Parineeti Chopra Glams up for Vogue Cover, Opens up about Transition from Banking to Bollywood [VIDEOS, PHOTO]
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 5, 2014 8:38 PM EST
Parineeti Chopra is the new cover girl of the February issue of the fashion magazine, Vogue India.
Parineeti Chopra unveils Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear
The talented actress well known for her chatter box demeanor put up a stylish avatar for the magazine's edition this month. Parineeti looks a million-dollar, as she posed confidently in a gorgeous floor length silver gown.
In a behind the scenes video released by Vogue India, the bubbly actress revealed her initial disgust for Bollywood, which she considered “all floss” and no intelligence. Parineeti referred to her famous cousin Priyanka Chopra as a “superstar” and said that her journey from banking to Bollywood happened by chance.
“Acting was something I never even thought of, even though I have a superstar in my house… I always wanted to be a banker…but destiny played its role… I came to India and joined Yash Raj Films and everything just changed from there,” said the actress.
The 25-year-old, who has often struggled with her weight, has at times been panned for her mundane dressing sense. However, she has now candidly revealed that fashion meant ‘nothing’ to her, “I don’t enjoy Fashion. I am not a fashionable person and clothes don’t interest me.”
In another video titled “Note to Self,” Parineeti is seen contemplating her appearance of the coveted magazine’s cover as she advises herself to put on the serious look since she feels, “Kate Moss doesn’t ever smile on her covers. As far as I can tell, looking grumpy is what is needed to give fashion credibility.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Spoiler Update: Return of ‘Asylum’ Character
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate