Parineeti Chopra Glams up for Vogue Cover, Opens up about Transition from Banking to Bollywood [VIDEOS, PHOTO]
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 5, 2014 8:38 PM EST
Parineeti Chopra is the new cover girl of the February issue of the fashion magazine, Vogue India.
Parineeti Chopra unveils Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear
The talented actress well known for her chatter box demeanor put up a stylish avatar for the magazine's edition this month. Parineeti looks a million-dollar, as she posed confidently in a gorgeous floor length silver gown.
In a behind the scenes video released by Vogue India, the bubbly actress revealed her initial disgust for Bollywood, which she considered “all floss” and no intelligence. Parineeti referred to her famous cousin Priyanka Chopra as a “superstar” and said that her journey from banking to Bollywood happened by chance.
“Acting was something I never even thought of, even though I have a superstar in my house… I always wanted to be a banker…but destiny played its role… I came to India and joined Yash Raj Films and everything just changed from there,” said the actress.
The 25-year-old, who has often struggled with her weight, has at times been panned for her mundane dressing sense. However, she has now candidly revealed that fashion meant ‘nothing’ to her, “I don’t enjoy Fashion. I am not a fashionable person and clothes don’t interest me.”
In another video titled “Note to Self,” Parineeti is seen contemplating her appearance of the coveted magazine’s cover as she advises herself to put on the serious look since she feels, “Kate Moss doesn’t ever smile on her covers. As far as I can tell, looking grumpy is what is needed to give fashion credibility.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast