Parineeti Chopra Glams up for Vogue Cover, Opens up about Transition from Banking to Bollywood [VIDEOS, PHOTO]
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 5, 2014 8:38 PM EST
Parineeti Chopra is the new cover girl of the February issue of the fashion magazine, Vogue India.
Parineeti Chopra unveils Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear
The talented actress well known for her chatter box demeanor put up a stylish avatar for the magazine's edition this month. Parineeti looks a million-dollar, as she posed confidently in a gorgeous floor length silver gown.
In a behind the scenes video released by Vogue India, the bubbly actress revealed her initial disgust for Bollywood, which she considered “all floss” and no intelligence. Parineeti referred to her famous cousin Priyanka Chopra as a “superstar” and said that her journey from banking to Bollywood happened by chance.
“Acting was something I never even thought of, even though I have a superstar in my house… I always wanted to be a banker…but destiny played its role… I came to India and joined Yash Raj Films and everything just changed from there,” said the actress.
The 25-year-old, who has often struggled with her weight, has at times been panned for her mundane dressing sense. However, she has now candidly revealed that fashion meant ‘nothing’ to her, “I don’t enjoy Fashion. I am not a fashionable person and clothes don’t interest me.”
In another video titled “Note to Self,” Parineeti is seen contemplating her appearance of the coveted magazine’s cover as she advises herself to put on the serious look since she feels, “Kate Moss doesn’t ever smile on her covers. As far as I can tell, looking grumpy is what is needed to give fashion credibility.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date