‘Homeland’ Season 4 Spoilers: Filming Begins in May, Carrie in Foreign Territory, 2 Characters May Not Return
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 5, 2014 8:35 PM EST
Carrie is finally donning the hat of a field operative. "Homeland" Season 4 is set to feature Carrie as an undercover agent in a hostile foreign territory. This piece of news was confirmed by David Nevins, president of entertainment at Showtime.
Nevin said to Huffington Post that when "Homeland" returns, it will pick-up from Carrie as the field operative. "The show is about a field operative and we haven't seen her out in the field being an operative," he said. He also indicated that Saul will be returning in Season 4 despite quitting CIA at the end of Season 3. Alex Gansa, showrunner of Homeland, had also alluded that CIA might outsource some of its work to Saul who is now a private contractor.
Gansa had said to Vulture that "Carrie and Saul's paths could easily, easily cross again." Talking about Carrie's pregnancy, the showrunner had said that the new season will reveal whether Carrie is going to be a good or a bad mother. She will have to wait for the baby to born to know what to do, according to Gansa. Also in the upcoming season, there is a possibility of romance between Quinn and Carrie.
TV Line had reported that two of the female characters will not return in Season 4, as series regulars. Carrie moving to a foreign territory might have something to do with this decision. According to the report, Morena Baccarin and Morgan Saylor are expected to join the star-cast of "Homeland" Season 4 as guest-stars and not as series regulards.
Showtime had renewed "Homeland" for Season 4 in October, 2013. "Homeland" continues to prove "its strength for Showtime, and is one of television's most exciting, provocative and widely-discussed shows. It has grown its audience significantly in each of its three seasons," David Nevins, Showtime entertainment president, had said in a statement.
It is scheduled to premiere sometime this year. According to media reports, the filming of Season 4 is expected to begin in May.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports