‘Homeland’ Season 4 Spoilers: Filming Begins in May, Carrie in Foreign Territory, 2 Characters May Not Return
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 5, 2014 8:35 PM EST
Carrie is finally donning the hat of a field operative. "Homeland" Season 4 is set to feature Carrie as an undercover agent in a hostile foreign territory. This piece of news was confirmed by David Nevins, president of entertainment at Showtime.
Nevin said to Huffington Post that when "Homeland" returns, it will pick-up from Carrie as the field operative. "The show is about a field operative and we haven't seen her out in the field being an operative," he said. He also indicated that Saul will be returning in Season 4 despite quitting CIA at the end of Season 3. Alex Gansa, showrunner of Homeland, had also alluded that CIA might outsource some of its work to Saul who is now a private contractor.
Gansa had said to Vulture that "Carrie and Saul's paths could easily, easily cross again." Talking about Carrie's pregnancy, the showrunner had said that the new season will reveal whether Carrie is going to be a good or a bad mother. She will have to wait for the baby to born to know what to do, according to Gansa. Also in the upcoming season, there is a possibility of romance between Quinn and Carrie.
TV Line had reported that two of the female characters will not return in Season 4, as series regulars. Carrie moving to a foreign territory might have something to do with this decision. According to the report, Morena Baccarin and Morgan Saylor are expected to join the star-cast of "Homeland" Season 4 as guest-stars and not as series regulards.
Showtime had renewed "Homeland" for Season 4 in October, 2013. "Homeland" continues to prove "its strength for Showtime, and is one of television's most exciting, provocative and widely-discussed shows. It has grown its audience significantly in each of its three seasons," David Nevins, Showtime entertainment president, had said in a statement.
It is scheduled to premiere sometime this year. According to media reports, the filming of Season 4 is expected to begin in May.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2