‘Homeland’ Season 4 Spoilers: Filming Begins in May, Carrie in Foreign Territory, 2 Characters May Not Return
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 5, 2014 8:35 PM EST
Carrie is finally donning the hat of a field operative. "Homeland" Season 4 is set to feature Carrie as an undercover agent in a hostile foreign territory. This piece of news was confirmed by David Nevins, president of entertainment at Showtime.
Nevin said to Huffington Post that when "Homeland" returns, it will pick-up from Carrie as the field operative. "The show is about a field operative and we haven't seen her out in the field being an operative," he said. He also indicated that Saul will be returning in Season 4 despite quitting CIA at the end of Season 3. Alex Gansa, showrunner of Homeland, had also alluded that CIA might outsource some of its work to Saul who is now a private contractor.
Gansa had said to Vulture that "Carrie and Saul's paths could easily, easily cross again." Talking about Carrie's pregnancy, the showrunner had said that the new season will reveal whether Carrie is going to be a good or a bad mother. She will have to wait for the baby to born to know what to do, according to Gansa. Also in the upcoming season, there is a possibility of romance between Quinn and Carrie.
TV Line had reported that two of the female characters will not return in Season 4, as series regulars. Carrie moving to a foreign territory might have something to do with this decision. According to the report, Morena Baccarin and Morgan Saylor are expected to join the star-cast of "Homeland" Season 4 as guest-stars and not as series regulards.
Showtime had renewed "Homeland" for Season 4 in October, 2013. "Homeland" continues to prove "its strength for Showtime, and is one of television's most exciting, provocative and widely-discussed shows. It has grown its audience significantly in each of its three seasons," David Nevins, Showtime entertainment president, had said in a statement.
It is scheduled to premiere sometime this year. According to media reports, the filming of Season 4 is expected to begin in May.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation