‘Homeland’ Season 4 Spoilers: Filming Begins in May, Carrie in Foreign Territory, 2 Characters May Not Return
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 5, 2014 8:35 PM EST
Carrie is finally donning the hat of a field operative. "Homeland" Season 4 is set to feature Carrie as an undercover agent in a hostile foreign territory. This piece of news was confirmed by David Nevins, president of entertainment at Showtime.
Nevin said to Huffington Post that when "Homeland" returns, it will pick-up from Carrie as the field operative. "The show is about a field operative and we haven't seen her out in the field being an operative," he said. He also indicated that Saul will be returning in Season 4 despite quitting CIA at the end of Season 3. Alex Gansa, showrunner of Homeland, had also alluded that CIA might outsource some of its work to Saul who is now a private contractor.
Gansa had said to Vulture that "Carrie and Saul's paths could easily, easily cross again." Talking about Carrie's pregnancy, the showrunner had said that the new season will reveal whether Carrie is going to be a good or a bad mother. She will have to wait for the baby to born to know what to do, according to Gansa. Also in the upcoming season, there is a possibility of romance between Quinn and Carrie.
TV Line had reported that two of the female characters will not return in Season 4, as series regulars. Carrie moving to a foreign territory might have something to do with this decision. According to the report, Morena Baccarin and Morgan Saylor are expected to join the star-cast of "Homeland" Season 4 as guest-stars and not as series regulards.
Showtime had renewed "Homeland" for Season 4 in October, 2013. "Homeland" continues to prove "its strength for Showtime, and is one of television's most exciting, provocative and widely-discussed shows. It has grown its audience significantly in each of its three seasons," David Nevins, Showtime entertainment president, had said in a statement.
It is scheduled to premiere sometime this year. According to media reports, the filming of Season 4 is expected to begin in May.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch