‘Homeland’ Season 4 Spoilers: Filming Begins in May, Carrie in Foreign Territory, 2 Characters May Not Return
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 5, 2014 8:35 PM EST
Carrie is finally donning the hat of a field operative. "Homeland" Season 4 is set to feature Carrie as an undercover agent in a hostile foreign territory. This piece of news was confirmed by David Nevins, president of entertainment at Showtime.
Nevin said to Huffington Post that when "Homeland" returns, it will pick-up from Carrie as the field operative. "The show is about a field operative and we haven't seen her out in the field being an operative," he said. He also indicated that Saul will be returning in Season 4 despite quitting CIA at the end of Season 3. Alex Gansa, showrunner of Homeland, had also alluded that CIA might outsource some of its work to Saul who is now a private contractor.
Gansa had said to Vulture that "Carrie and Saul's paths could easily, easily cross again." Talking about Carrie's pregnancy, the showrunner had said that the new season will reveal whether Carrie is going to be a good or a bad mother. She will have to wait for the baby to born to know what to do, according to Gansa. Also in the upcoming season, there is a possibility of romance between Quinn and Carrie.
TV Line had reported that two of the female characters will not return in Season 4, as series regulars. Carrie moving to a foreign territory might have something to do with this decision. According to the report, Morena Baccarin and Morgan Saylor are expected to join the star-cast of "Homeland" Season 4 as guest-stars and not as series regulards.
Showtime had renewed "Homeland" for Season 4 in October, 2013. "Homeland" continues to prove "its strength for Showtime, and is one of television's most exciting, provocative and widely-discussed shows. It has grown its audience significantly in each of its three seasons," David Nevins, Showtime entertainment president, had said in a statement.
It is scheduled to premiere sometime this year. According to media reports, the filming of Season 4 is expected to begin in May.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks