Samsung Reveals Galaxy Note 3 Neo with S Pen, Confirmed Specs and February Release
By Precious Silva | February 5, 2014 8:06 PM EST
Samsung has revealed its Galaxy Note 3 Neo phablet. The device has been confirmed through Samsung Poland and just recently it was released in Indonesia. There are no details yet on when the device will hit the US and other regions but sources say it will likely be around this month. What does the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo has to offer?
A Samsung Galaxy Note II phone-cum-tablet is displayed during the first day of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas January 8, 2013.
Samsung Poland has confirmed the Galaxy Note 3 Neo phablet. According to the company, the device will be available in two options: an LTE model called Galaxy Note 3 Neo LTE+ and a 3G variant. Samsung Poland's press note also revealed that the distribution of the Neo device globally will be sometime this February. There are three color options available: Black, Green and White.
Similar to the Samsung Galaxy Note series, the Galaxy Note 3 Neo features the S Pen as well. The two variants share similar features although the 3G version runs on 1.6GHz quad-core (unspecified chipset). The LTE model, on other hand, runs on a hexa-core processor (two 1.7GHz Cortex A15 + four 1.3GHz quad-core Cortex A7). Contrary to previous reports, Samsung stuck with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. The Android 4.4 KitKat version may come soon but there are no details about that yet.
Other reported features include 5.5-inch HD (720x1280 pixels) Super AMOLED display, 16GB internal storage, 2GB RAM, 3100mAh battery and a micro SD card slot expandable to 64GB. The latest phablet from Samsung also features an 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and BSI sensor. The front camera shoots at 2-megapixels with BSI sensor. Samsung included the following connectivity options: 3G, infrared, NFC, Bluetooth, GLONASS, GPS and WiFi.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo phablet features preloaded apps including Samsung ChatON, Samsung Apps, Screen Mirroring, Samsung Link, S Health, S Voice, Smart Scroll, Group Play, Story Album, Smart Pause, Air View and S Translator. The S Pen sports an Easy Clip Feature including Air Commend. It supports S Note and Multi Window.
The phablet also comes with Google Apps including Gmail, Google+, Google Maps, Play Books, Google Search, Play Movies, Hangouts, Voice Search, Play Music, Play Store, Play Games including YouTube. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo weighs 162.5 grams and measures 148.4x77.4x8.6mm.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists