‘House of Cards’: Renewed for Season 3, Robin Wright Says Shooting to Begin Soon, What to Expect in Season 2 [Spoilers]
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 5, 2014 7:50 PM EST
It was in October, 2013 that social media exploded after it was reported that "House of Cards" might wrap-up after Season 2. This report was based on executive producer of "House of Cards, Rick Cleveland, comments that "House of Cards" might end after Season 2, as Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright love to do movies.
"House of Cards" is "only going to go for a second season and I think that's it," Cleveland had said at the Vancouver International Film Festival, as quoted by GoldDerby. "Kevin Spacey likes to do movies and Robin Wright likes to do movies."
Later, Ted Sarandos, chief content officer of Netflix, had indicated that there is no full-stop after the Season 2 is available. He had said, as quoted by The Hollywood Reporter (THR), "I think if you look at the original House of Cards, there was a natural third season, and we could go well beyond that."
Citing the confirmation from a Netflix representative, THR reports that Netflix has renewed its original, critically acclaimed, political drama series for Season 3. This news comes right before "House of Cards" Season 2 scheduled premiere on February 14, 2014. All the episodes of this season will be available on the same date. According to THR report, the production on third season is slated to begin soon.
Confirming the Season 3 news, Robin Wright said to The Wrap: "We start shooting season three soon." The Twitter handle of "House of Cards" has also confirmed the news. It tweeted on February 14, 2014: "House of Cards will return to Netflix for a 3rd Season."
In Season 2 of "House of Cards," Francis Underwood will take the oath of office as Vice President. He is likely to kick-start another round of butchery. It is time for either to get hunted or hunt, as "threats mount on all fronts," according to synopsis of the upcoming season.
Zoe Barnes will dig-out the truth that Underwood's killed Peter Russo. Also, the synopsis suggests that Raymond Rusk's will put Underwood in a difficult position, as he is set to demand favours and warn about possible retribution. At the home front, Claire will find it difficult to adjust to living under the spotlight, which comes with the Vice President's job.
"The Underwood's must overcome these dangers -- past and present -- to avoid losing everything, regardless of collateral damage they leave in their wake," according to the synopsis.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM