‘House of Cards’: Renewed for Season 3, Robin Wright Says Shooting to Begin Soon, What to Expect in Season 2 [Spoilers]
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 5, 2014 7:50 PM EST
It was in October, 2013 that social media exploded after it was reported that "House of Cards" might wrap-up after Season 2. This report was based on executive producer of "House of Cards, Rick Cleveland, comments that "House of Cards" might end after Season 2, as Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright love to do movies.
"House of Cards" is "only going to go for a second season and I think that's it," Cleveland had said at the Vancouver International Film Festival, as quoted by GoldDerby. "Kevin Spacey likes to do movies and Robin Wright likes to do movies."
Later, Ted Sarandos, chief content officer of Netflix, had indicated that there is no full-stop after the Season 2 is available. He had said, as quoted by The Hollywood Reporter (THR), "I think if you look at the original House of Cards, there was a natural third season, and we could go well beyond that."
Citing the confirmation from a Netflix representative, THR reports that Netflix has renewed its original, critically acclaimed, political drama series for Season 3. This news comes right before "House of Cards" Season 2 scheduled premiere on February 14, 2014. All the episodes of this season will be available on the same date. According to THR report, the production on third season is slated to begin soon.
Confirming the Season 3 news, Robin Wright said to The Wrap: "We start shooting season three soon." The Twitter handle of "House of Cards" has also confirmed the news. It tweeted on February 14, 2014: "House of Cards will return to Netflix for a 3rd Season."
In Season 2 of "House of Cards," Francis Underwood will take the oath of office as Vice President. He is likely to kick-start another round of butchery. It is time for either to get hunted or hunt, as "threats mount on all fronts," according to synopsis of the upcoming season.
Zoe Barnes will dig-out the truth that Underwood's killed Peter Russo. Also, the synopsis suggests that Raymond Rusk's will put Underwood in a difficult position, as he is set to demand favours and warn about possible retribution. At the home front, Claire will find it difficult to adjust to living under the spotlight, which comes with the Vice President's job.
"The Underwood's must overcome these dangers -- past and present -- to avoid losing everything, regardless of collateral damage they leave in their wake," according to the synopsis.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles