Bad News for All Ladies Who Fancy Novak Djokovic because the Second-Ranked Player is Set to Marry Fiancee Jelena Ristic in 2 Months
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 5, 2014 7:38 PM EST
How long after an engagement should a couple get married? There is really no rule. A couple can either shorten or lengthen the days but if they feel they are ready to marry, they should be able to do so anytime. This may not be a good news for his ladies' fans, Novak Djokovic is going to marry his fiancée Jelena Ristic in two months.
On Monday, Djokovic made an appearance on a talk show in his native country and revealed his intention to tie the knot with Ristic in a couple of months' time, MSN Fox Sports reported. The second-ranked tennis athlete in the world told Ristic in front of national television his desire to marry her soon.
"Jelena, enjoy it while you can," said Djokovic. "In a couple of months, you will be changing your last name to Djokovic," he added.
Djokovic and Ristic became engaged in September 2013. The duo took their engagement to social media and made the official announcement there. After they announced their engagement, rumours came abound that the couple plan to marry in 2014. There weren't that much details about the said wedding but surely, Djokovic's tennis pals would be invited to one of the biggest events, other than playing in Grand Slam tournaments, in his life.
Djokovic and Ristic started dating in 2005. She is a year older than him. According to a report, Djokovic and Ristic had love at first sight. What brought them even closer is the sport of tennis. Ristic is a supportive girlfriend. She has always been seen cheering in the bleachers on all the important tournaments that he has played in his entire tennis career. Ristic has even been managing Djokovic's charity organisation. They lasted for so long and surely, they would probably even last half a century later. Marriage will just make their union even stronger.
Djokovic is currently in Serbia after playing for the 2014 Australian Open. After failing to defend the title, he is reportedly taking some time to rest in his home country. Djokovic is expected to return to the tennis court in Dubai on Feb. 24.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’