Bad News for All Ladies Who Fancy Novak Djokovic because the Second-Ranked Player is Set to Marry Fiancee Jelena Ristic in 2 Months
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 5, 2014 7:38 PM EST
How long after an engagement should a couple get married? There is really no rule. A couple can either shorten or lengthen the days but if they feel they are ready to marry, they should be able to do so anytime. This may not be a good news for his ladies' fans, Novak Djokovic is going to marry his fiancée Jelena Ristic in two months.
On Monday, Djokovic made an appearance on a talk show in his native country and revealed his intention to tie the knot with Ristic in a couple of months' time, MSN Fox Sports reported. The second-ranked tennis athlete in the world told Ristic in front of national television his desire to marry her soon.
"Jelena, enjoy it while you can," said Djokovic. "In a couple of months, you will be changing your last name to Djokovic," he added.
Djokovic and Ristic became engaged in September 2013. The duo took their engagement to social media and made the official announcement there. After they announced their engagement, rumours came abound that the couple plan to marry in 2014. There weren't that much details about the said wedding but surely, Djokovic's tennis pals would be invited to one of the biggest events, other than playing in Grand Slam tournaments, in his life.
Djokovic and Ristic started dating in 2005. She is a year older than him. According to a report, Djokovic and Ristic had love at first sight. What brought them even closer is the sport of tennis. Ristic is a supportive girlfriend. She has always been seen cheering in the bleachers on all the important tournaments that he has played in his entire tennis career. Ristic has even been managing Djokovic's charity organisation. They lasted for so long and surely, they would probably even last half a century later. Marriage will just make their union even stronger.
Djokovic is currently in Serbia after playing for the 2014 Australian Open. After failing to defend the title, he is reportedly taking some time to rest in his home country. Djokovic is expected to return to the tennis court in Dubai on Feb. 24.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2