Bad News for All Ladies Who Fancy Novak Djokovic because the Second-Ranked Player is Set to Marry Fiancee Jelena Ristic in 2 Months
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 5, 2014 7:38 PM EST
How long after an engagement should a couple get married? There is really no rule. A couple can either shorten or lengthen the days but if they feel they are ready to marry, they should be able to do so anytime. This may not be a good news for his ladies' fans, Novak Djokovic is going to marry his fiancée Jelena Ristic in two months.
On Monday, Djokovic made an appearance on a talk show in his native country and revealed his intention to tie the knot with Ristic in a couple of months' time, MSN Fox Sports reported. The second-ranked tennis athlete in the world told Ristic in front of national television his desire to marry her soon.
"Jelena, enjoy it while you can," said Djokovic. "In a couple of months, you will be changing your last name to Djokovic," he added.
Djokovic and Ristic became engaged in September 2013. The duo took their engagement to social media and made the official announcement there. After they announced their engagement, rumours came abound that the couple plan to marry in 2014. There weren't that much details about the said wedding but surely, Djokovic's tennis pals would be invited to one of the biggest events, other than playing in Grand Slam tournaments, in his life.
Djokovic and Ristic started dating in 2005. She is a year older than him. According to a report, Djokovic and Ristic had love at first sight. What brought them even closer is the sport of tennis. Ristic is a supportive girlfriend. She has always been seen cheering in the bleachers on all the important tournaments that he has played in his entire tennis career. Ristic has even been managing Djokovic's charity organisation. They lasted for so long and surely, they would probably even last half a century later. Marriage will just make their union even stronger.
Djokovic is currently in Serbia after playing for the 2014 Australian Open. After failing to defend the title, he is reportedly taking some time to rest in his home country. Djokovic is expected to return to the tennis court in Dubai on Feb. 24.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’