Bad News for All Ladies Who Fancy Novak Djokovic because the Second-Ranked Player is Set to Marry Fiancee Jelena Ristic in 2 Months
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 5, 2014 7:38 PM EST
How long after an engagement should a couple get married? There is really no rule. A couple can either shorten or lengthen the days but if they feel they are ready to marry, they should be able to do so anytime. This may not be a good news for his ladies' fans, Novak Djokovic is going to marry his fiancée Jelena Ristic in two months.
On Monday, Djokovic made an appearance on a talk show in his native country and revealed his intention to tie the knot with Ristic in a couple of months' time, MSN Fox Sports reported. The second-ranked tennis athlete in the world told Ristic in front of national television his desire to marry her soon.
"Jelena, enjoy it while you can," said Djokovic. "In a couple of months, you will be changing your last name to Djokovic," he added.
Djokovic and Ristic became engaged in September 2013. The duo took their engagement to social media and made the official announcement there. After they announced their engagement, rumours came abound that the couple plan to marry in 2014. There weren't that much details about the said wedding but surely, Djokovic's tennis pals would be invited to one of the biggest events, other than playing in Grand Slam tournaments, in his life.
Djokovic and Ristic started dating in 2005. She is a year older than him. According to a report, Djokovic and Ristic had love at first sight. What brought them even closer is the sport of tennis. Ristic is a supportive girlfriend. She has always been seen cheering in the bleachers on all the important tournaments that he has played in his entire tennis career. Ristic has even been managing Djokovic's charity organisation. They lasted for so long and surely, they would probably even last half a century later. Marriage will just make their union even stronger.
Djokovic is currently in Serbia after playing for the 2014 Australian Open. After failing to defend the title, he is reportedly taking some time to rest in his home country. Djokovic is expected to return to the tennis court in Dubai on Feb. 24.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Finland Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine