'General Hospital': Recast of Jason Morgan's Role Along with Michael Muhney?
By Vanessa Francisco | February 5, 2014 7:22 PM EST
"General Hospital" fans may have nearly lost their minds when a picture of Jason Morgan was purposely displayed on screen. Things like this do not just happen and this may just be a reminder that the character portrayed by Steve Burton just made a purposeful move.
In a shocking exodus, Steve Burton left "General Hospital" after 21 years of playing as Jason Morgan. According to TVGuide, the actor explains that he's been through "21 years of ups and downs" with "General Hospital."
"Regime changes, crew and cast changes, budget cuts and shakeups of one kind and another. It has been nothing but a big positive in my life and for my family," said Burton, adding, "I do not have complaints and no negative feelings at all. However, it's time to go. I am going to take some time off and do nothing but relax, enjoy life a bit with my wife and kids."
There are two possible scenarios. First, "General Hospital" may just be ready to bring Jason Morgan back. The timing is perfect just in time for Kimberly McCullough's (Robin) exit. It could be that Robin's 20 bond to Jason is the only thing that can break her away from her family. There have been rumours about "General Hospital" re-casting Jason with Michael Muhney who would definitely fit well in Port Charles.
The actor is moving to Tennessee but he and the studio could not reach an agreement. The producers required Burton to fly in for episodes. Burton then decided to leave and just turn up on "The Young And The Restless" shortly after to portray Nikki's (played by Melody Thomas Scott) son, Dylan McAvoy. However, in a recent GH episode, Victor Cassadine played by Thaao Penghlis held up a picture of Jason and asked Robin to help save him. It could then be that Jason is still alive.
If Victor was serious, it is possible that Steve will return to Jason Morgan's role. "General Hospital" producers can hit the jackpot if Michael Muhney joins the cast as a new sidekick. At first, fans wanted Muhney to return to "The Young and the Restless" but now that the details are out, even they did not want him to return to the show. Fans are now clamouring for ABC to hire the talented actor.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2