Auto Expo 2014: Hyundai Launches 3rd Generation Santa Fe; Price and Specs Details
By greeshma m | February 5, 2014 6:48 PM EST
Hyundai Motor India (HMIL) on Wednesday pulled the wraps off its third generation Santa Fe at the ongoing Auto Expo in Delhi.
The new Sanata Fe, comes with a price tag ranging from ₹26.3 lakh to ₹29.2 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).The vehicle flaunts the Korean maker's most popular Fluidic-derived Strom edge design philosophy and draws its power from a four-cylinder, 2.0-litre CRDI engine.
It comes with manual and automatic transmission options. While the engine can churn out 197 PS at 3,800 rpm and 42.9 kgm of torque in the manual, the automatic transmission can generate 44.5 kgm of torque. ARAI figures for manual transmission are 14.7 kmpl for MT and 13.1 kmpl for AT.
"The third generation Sante Fe is a world-class product and will set new benchmark in India's SUV segment," HMIL Managing Director and CEO B S Seo told reporters.
The new Santa Fe has been introduced in both 2WD (Two-wheel drive) and 4WD (Four-wheel drive) options and both the versions will be made available in India. The vehicle will take on the likes of Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour, Ssangyong Rexton , Honda CR-V, Nissan X-Trail and Chevrolet Captiva. Regarding the safety features, the car comes loaded with six airbags, electronic safety control (ESC), vehicle safety management (VSM), brake assist and hill start control.
Inside the cabin, the new sports utility vehicle from Hyundai gets beige paint job and packs GPS device, leather seats, sunroof, engine start-stop button and more. Other features of the new offering include 12-way adjustable seat, 18-inch diamond cut alloy wheels, LED headlights and daytime running lights.
Hyundai Santa Fe Prices:
Hyundai Santa Fe 2WD MT - ₹26.3 lakh
Hyundai Santa Fe 2WD AT - ₹27.15 lakh
Hyundai Santa Fe 4WD AT - ₹29.25 lakh
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- Fairfax Chief Executive Greg Hywood Reiterates Commitment to Radio; No Merger With Macquarie Radio
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June