Auto Expo 2014: Hyundai Launches 3rd Generation Santa Fe; Price and Specs Details
By greeshma m | February 5, 2014 6:48 PM EST
Hyundai Motor India (HMIL) on Wednesday pulled the wraps off its third generation Santa Fe at the ongoing Auto Expo in Delhi.
The new Sanata Fe, comes with a price tag ranging from ₹26.3 lakh to ₹29.2 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).The vehicle flaunts the Korean maker's most popular Fluidic-derived Strom edge design philosophy and draws its power from a four-cylinder, 2.0-litre CRDI engine.
It comes with manual and automatic transmission options. While the engine can churn out 197 PS at 3,800 rpm and 42.9 kgm of torque in the manual, the automatic transmission can generate 44.5 kgm of torque. ARAI figures for manual transmission are 14.7 kmpl for MT and 13.1 kmpl for AT.
"The third generation Sante Fe is a world-class product and will set new benchmark in India's SUV segment," HMIL Managing Director and CEO B S Seo told reporters.
The new Santa Fe has been introduced in both 2WD (Two-wheel drive) and 4WD (Four-wheel drive) options and both the versions will be made available in India. The vehicle will take on the likes of Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour, Ssangyong Rexton , Honda CR-V, Nissan X-Trail and Chevrolet Captiva. Regarding the safety features, the car comes loaded with six airbags, electronic safety control (ESC), vehicle safety management (VSM), brake assist and hill start control.
Inside the cabin, the new sports utility vehicle from Hyundai gets beige paint job and packs GPS device, leather seats, sunroof, engine start-stop button and more. Other features of the new offering include 12-way adjustable seat, 18-inch diamond cut alloy wheels, LED headlights and daytime running lights.
Hyundai Santa Fe Prices:
Hyundai Santa Fe 2WD MT - ₹26.3 lakh
Hyundai Santa Fe 2WD AT - ₹27.15 lakh
Hyundai Santa Fe 4WD AT - ₹29.25 lakh
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World