Big Bash League Semifinal Where to Watch Live: Sydney Sixers vs Perth Scorchers Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | February 5, 2014 6:35 PM EST
With the favourite Melbourne Stars toppled in the semifinals, the Sydney Sixers and the Perth Scorchers will eye a home final when they two sides clash in the semifinals of the Big Bash League at the SCG on Wednesday.
Where to Watch Live
The match is scheduled for a 7.45 pm AEDT (2.15 pm IST) start with live coverage on Star Sports 2 and Star Sports HD1 in India. The match can be watched via live streaming online in Australia HERE, while Africa viewers can do the same HERE. Viewers in the UK can live stream the action HERE, while US viewers can catch all the action live online HERE.
The winner of this second semifinal will go into the marquee summit clash against the Hobart Hurricanes as the favourites, and if the Sixers and the Scorchers produce anything like the match that was on show the last time these two sides met, then everyone could be in for a humdinger of a semi.
The Scorchers prevailed in that particular encounter played in round five of BBL 03, with Perth only prevailing over Sydney via the Super Over. The match has an added edge with the winner sealing a place in the lucrative Champions League T20 later this year.
"It is such a big game in the fact that there's a big reward for the winner," Scorchers batsman Adam Voges. "There's obviously the Grand Final to play for as well and we're desperate for some silverware.
"At the end of the day this is the game which gets you into the Champions League. It's going to be a high pressure game and that probably adds a bit to it."
Both teams will be boosted by the return of international players, with Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazlewood returning for the Sixers, while Nathan Coulter-Nile adds a little more bite to an already formidable Scorchers bowling lineup, a lineup that Justin Langer is struggling to decide on, with a green-looking pitch making the coach think twice about playing the two spinners Brad Hogg and Michael Beer.
"Every one of our bowlers could play tomorrow night and I'm going to have to tell one or two of them that they're not playing," Langer was quoted as saying by the team's official website. "That's what we get given the positions of responsibility for.
"I'm not sure exactly what way we're going to go, but I promise you, I'm going grayer by the day trying to work it out.
"We had a look at the wicket Monday night and it looked quite green, there was a lot of grass on it and it was quite hard. The last time we played here, it spun a lot, but it was a used wicket.
"This looks like a new wicket, so we'll have to have a look at it (prior to the game) and make a decision then."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group Stage: Puerto Rico vs. Argentina Live Streaming Info and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: France vs. Serbia Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports