Big Bash League Semifinal Where to Watch Live: Sydney Sixers vs Perth Scorchers Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | February 5, 2014 6:35 PM EST
With the favourite Melbourne Stars toppled in the semifinals, the Sydney Sixers and the Perth Scorchers will eye a home final when they two sides clash in the semifinals of the Big Bash League at the SCG on Wednesday.
Where to Watch Live
The match is scheduled for a 7.45 pm AEDT (2.15 pm IST) start with live coverage on Star Sports 2 and Star Sports HD1 in India. The match can be watched via live streaming online in Australia HERE, while Africa viewers can do the same HERE. Viewers in the UK can live stream the action HERE, while US viewers can catch all the action live online HERE.
The winner of this second semifinal will go into the marquee summit clash against the Hobart Hurricanes as the favourites, and if the Sixers and the Scorchers produce anything like the match that was on show the last time these two sides met, then everyone could be in for a humdinger of a semi.
The Scorchers prevailed in that particular encounter played in round five of BBL 03, with Perth only prevailing over Sydney via the Super Over. The match has an added edge with the winner sealing a place in the lucrative Champions League T20 later this year.
"It is such a big game in the fact that there's a big reward for the winner," Scorchers batsman Adam Voges. "There's obviously the Grand Final to play for as well and we're desperate for some silverware.
"At the end of the day this is the game which gets you into the Champions League. It's going to be a high pressure game and that probably adds a bit to it."
Both teams will be boosted by the return of international players, with Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazlewood returning for the Sixers, while Nathan Coulter-Nile adds a little more bite to an already formidable Scorchers bowling lineup, a lineup that Justin Langer is struggling to decide on, with a green-looking pitch making the coach think twice about playing the two spinners Brad Hogg and Michael Beer.
"Every one of our bowlers could play tomorrow night and I'm going to have to tell one or two of them that they're not playing," Langer was quoted as saying by the team's official website. "That's what we get given the positions of responsibility for.
"I'm not sure exactly what way we're going to go, but I promise you, I'm going grayer by the day trying to work it out.
"We had a look at the wicket Monday night and it looked quite green, there was a lot of grass on it and it was quite hard. The last time we played here, it spun a lot, but it was a used wicket.
"This looks like a new wicket, so we'll have to have a look at it (prior to the game) and make a decision then."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tasks Engineers to Create the Perfect Tennis Racquet [VIDEO]
- LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Renewed Hope for Blues, as Paul Pogba's Agent Revealed that 'Anything is Possible'
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Receives Mixed Reactions on Twitter
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports
- LG G2 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Guide: When to Hit Your Region and How to Install
- Update Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- LG G3 To Debut Moon Violet and Burgundy Red Shades in August; Upcoming LG Devices Roundup