Big Bash League Semifinal Where to Watch Live: Sydney Sixers vs Perth Scorchers Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | February 5, 2014 6:35 PM EST
With the favourite Melbourne Stars toppled in the semifinals, the Sydney Sixers and the Perth Scorchers will eye a home final when they two sides clash in the semifinals of the Big Bash League at the SCG on Wednesday.
Where to Watch Live
The match is scheduled for a 7.45 pm AEDT (2.15 pm IST) start with live coverage on Star Sports 2 and Star Sports HD1 in India. The match can be watched via live streaming online in Australia HERE, while Africa viewers can do the same HERE. Viewers in the UK can live stream the action HERE, while US viewers can catch all the action live online HERE.
The winner of this second semifinal will go into the marquee summit clash against the Hobart Hurricanes as the favourites, and if the Sixers and the Scorchers produce anything like the match that was on show the last time these two sides met, then everyone could be in for a humdinger of a semi.
The Scorchers prevailed in that particular encounter played in round five of BBL 03, with Perth only prevailing over Sydney via the Super Over. The match has an added edge with the winner sealing a place in the lucrative Champions League T20 later this year.
"It is such a big game in the fact that there's a big reward for the winner," Scorchers batsman Adam Voges. "There's obviously the Grand Final to play for as well and we're desperate for some silverware.
"At the end of the day this is the game which gets you into the Champions League. It's going to be a high pressure game and that probably adds a bit to it."
Both teams will be boosted by the return of international players, with Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazlewood returning for the Sixers, while Nathan Coulter-Nile adds a little more bite to an already formidable Scorchers bowling lineup, a lineup that Justin Langer is struggling to decide on, with a green-looking pitch making the coach think twice about playing the two spinners Brad Hogg and Michael Beer.
"Every one of our bowlers could play tomorrow night and I'm going to have to tell one or two of them that they're not playing," Langer was quoted as saying by the team's official website. "That's what we get given the positions of responsibility for.
"I'm not sure exactly what way we're going to go, but I promise you, I'm going grayer by the day trying to work it out.
"We had a look at the wicket Monday night and it looked quite green, there was a lot of grass on it and it was quite hard. The last time we played here, it spun a lot, but it was a used wicket.
"This looks like a new wicket, so we'll have to have a look at it (prior to the game) and make a decision then."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- Khloe Kardashian Sympathetic About Ex-Husband Lamar Odom in Recent Instagram Posts
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People