Big Bash League Semifinal Where to Watch Live: Sydney Sixers vs Perth Scorchers Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | February 5, 2014 6:35 PM EST
With the favourite Melbourne Stars toppled in the semifinals, the Sydney Sixers and the Perth Scorchers will eye a home final when they two sides clash in the semifinals of the Big Bash League at the SCG on Wednesday.
Where to Watch Live
The match is scheduled for a 7.45 pm AEDT (2.15 pm IST) start with live coverage on Star Sports 2 and Star Sports HD1 in India. The match can be watched via live streaming online in Australia HERE, while Africa viewers can do the same HERE. Viewers in the UK can live stream the action HERE, while US viewers can catch all the action live online HERE.
The winner of this second semifinal will go into the marquee summit clash against the Hobart Hurricanes as the favourites, and if the Sixers and the Scorchers produce anything like the match that was on show the last time these two sides met, then everyone could be in for a humdinger of a semi.
The Scorchers prevailed in that particular encounter played in round five of BBL 03, with Perth only prevailing over Sydney via the Super Over. The match has an added edge with the winner sealing a place in the lucrative Champions League T20 later this year.
"It is such a big game in the fact that there's a big reward for the winner," Scorchers batsman Adam Voges. "There's obviously the Grand Final to play for as well and we're desperate for some silverware.
"At the end of the day this is the game which gets you into the Champions League. It's going to be a high pressure game and that probably adds a bit to it."
Both teams will be boosted by the return of international players, with Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazlewood returning for the Sixers, while Nathan Coulter-Nile adds a little more bite to an already formidable Scorchers bowling lineup, a lineup that Justin Langer is struggling to decide on, with a green-looking pitch making the coach think twice about playing the two spinners Brad Hogg and Michael Beer.
"Every one of our bowlers could play tomorrow night and I'm going to have to tell one or two of them that they're not playing," Langer was quoted as saying by the team's official website. "That's what we get given the positions of responsibility for.
"I'm not sure exactly what way we're going to go, but I promise you, I'm going grayer by the day trying to work it out.
"We had a look at the wicket Monday night and it looked quite green, there was a lot of grass on it and it was quite hard. The last time we played here, it spun a lot, but it was a used wicket.
"This looks like a new wicket, so we'll have to have a look at it (prior to the game) and make a decision then."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Floyd Sr Already Endorsing Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Fight After Anticipated Victory Over Maidana
- Top 10 Highest Paid Tennis Players
- Manny Pacquiao To Gauge KO Power Against Chris Algieri
- Dallas Cowboys Have Worst Linebackers in History, Tony Romo To Miss Games Again – Gerry Fraley
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop