‘Sherlock’: A Different Sherlock; Watson, Sherlock Gay Bar Scene; Is Moriarty Still Alive?
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 5, 2014 6:33 PM EST
The much-loved fictional detective, Sherlock Holmes, of "Sherlock" Season 3 was kind of a different person. He showed more emotions than he had shown in the two previous seasons. As usual, he stopped criminals from succeeding in their evil plans and brought them down. And, along with that, Sherlock made people shed some tears because they found his words heart-felt and touching. It is almost unthinkable to visualise Sherlock of Season 1 and Season 2 to present such an image.
In the recently concluded "Sherlock" Season 3, the lissome detective was thrown in an unfamiliar domestic territory. It unsettled him initially, but he soon accepted the new scenario and emerged triumphant. Sherlock returned to London from his dead exile to find Watson in a serious relationship, with Mary Morstan. If the relationship was not enough, Sherlock was asked to give a best-man's speech at Watson and Mary's wedding. After agonising over the prospect of giving the best-man speech, Sherlock did turn-up at the wedding to give a best-man like performance.
The quirky man delivered a speech that made some shake their heads in the beginning but, when the speech ended, there were not many dry eyes in the wedding hall. Perhaps, the best gift he gave to the married couple was his vow to be there for them, always. He did keep his vow in "His Last Vow" when he shot down the evil man, Charles Augustus Magnussen, to inter his mind palace that could have destroyed Watsons' domestic bliss.
Sherlock put an end to the powerful, most despicable, blackmailer's life. Importantly, he displayed his unwavering, deep love for Watson, Sherlock's only weakness. The Season 3 of Sherlock was less about Sherlock the detective, but more about Sherlock the man and his obvious evolution. Perhaps, this is one of the reasons why viewers found Season 3 different from the previous two seasons, and felt disconnected. This time Sherlock was different, as he bared himself, showing his emotions quite a number of times.
It is up for argument if the much awaited Season 3 of "Sherlock" lived up to the expectation, or not, but one cannot complain about memorable moments in this season. One such memorable moment was Watson's stag. According to Martin Freeman, a scene of Watson and Sherlock in a gay bar was edited out from the collage of stag scenes, which showed the duo at their best drunkard behaviour.
Freeman said to Radio Times that "doing the drunk stuff was lovely. But I regret there was one bit of that drunk stuff that was missing. There was the gay club scene. We were absolutely mullered in the gay club - lots of topless men going past, and us just going 'Why are we here'?"
Benedict Cumbetbatch added that Sherlock had no clue why the men were not wearing clothes. "And then it dawned and my [Sherlock] grounding shook..."
In "His Last Vow," Prof Moriarty made a come-back on T.V screens across UK, asking "Did you miss me?" There is much speculation if Moriarty is alive and whether he will come back in Season 4, just like Sherlock came back alive, with a simple explanation of how he cheated death and fooled everyone.
Steven Moffat, co-creator of "Sherlock," has revealed that it was not a last minute plan to bring back Moriarty. They had written Moriarty's story-line much before the Season 2. Moffat said to Vulture: "I can't really say what we're doing with that [Moriarty's return], but there is no last-minute whim in this. We've had what we're going to do with Moriarty in place from before the second season. Exactly what we're going to do."
Moffat did not reveal much about what he intends to do with Moriarty in the new season. He said, "Wait and see what's going to happen."
BBC has yet to officially confirm that it has renewed "Sherlock" for Season 4 and Season 5. However, Cumberbatch, Freeman, Moffat and Mark Gattis have 'unofficially' confirmed that fans can look forward to see "Sherlock" for two more seasons.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- HTC ‘Double Exposure’ Event On October 8 Could Unveil HTC Eye With 5.2-inch FHD Display
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect