Things You Did Not Know About Satya Nadella: New Microsoft CEO
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | February 5, 2014 6:23 PM EST
Satya Nadella, the 22-year Microsoft veteran, has been declared as the CEO of Microsoft. Here are the things you did not know about him, yet.
- Mr Nadella was born in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh - a southern state in India. This is the same city where several other Indian legends like Sania Mirza (tennis player), Sushmita Sen (former Miss Universe) and Mohammad Azharuddin (former captain of Indian cricket team) were born.
- Mr Nadella used to play competitive cricket while growing up. He enlists the game among one of his hobbies even today. He said that he had learnt how to work in a team and leadership from the game. He also revealed that the learning from cricket had stayed with him in his career.
- Mr Nadella's annual salary is $7.6 million. Even though he was born in India, he is presently an American citizen. His wife is Anupama Nadella. He is presently based in Bellevue, Washington. He was born as Satyanarayana Nadella in 1967.
- Mr Nadella, as the chief of the cloud and enterprise group of Microsoft has been responsible for overseeing the back-end technology and the server software of the company for corporate clients. He is given the responsibility to supervise various consumer cloud products like Office 365, Xbox Live, Bing and Skype. Before joining the company, Ms Nadella used to work at Sun Microsystems, now owned by Oracle.
- Mr Nadella is going to replace Steve Ballmer who already announced his plans to resign in 2013. According to BBC, Mr Gates declared that there was "no better" candidate than Mr Nadella to lead the company. Mr Gates, after stepping down from the post of the Chairman of the company, will work as the technology adviser. He is also going to be a member of the board at Microsoft. John Thompson is going to replace Mr Gates as the new Chairman of the company.
Mr Nadella expressed his delight and said that he was "honoured" to be given the responsibility to lead Microsoft. He said that it was one of the rare companies which used technology to revolutionise the world in its true sense. This is supposed to be a key transition period for Microsoft. The consumer business, which Microsoft has always been famous for, has been struggling.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS